It is time to roll back from 1.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-15 17:29:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4

It is clear that many people are suffering a variety of problems with the 1.4 update, some fairly trivial (like me, luckily), some much more serious. It really is about time you put out the previous level as 1.41 or whatever to allow an easy roll back to stable code. This will get everyone working again, and give you time to fix the various problems properly.

If my 40 years working in IT has told me one thing, it's that you need a viable backout to any upgrade. Your coding and testing of this 1.4 update was clearly seriously below par, and another thing I have learned is that rushed fixes to unexpected serious problems invariably introduce further bugs. You are taking far too long to sort this out, some people have been left with unusable systems. That is completely unacceptable.

Release the previous version as a new update so everybody can easily install it via the normal process, and then fix the new updates, and test it properly.

Options
1 Reply
Re:It is time to roll back from 1.4
2020-01-16 12:29:08

@Meshdave 

Hello, sorry to respond late. Our engineers are working on it in the past few days. 

We have released the beta firmware, you can read this article for more information.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/187114

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 580

Replies: 1