tp link should design and sell an nvr for tp link cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-19 12:31:59

i said it all on the title.

(checking hundreds of emails from the ip cameras isnt an option)

When we have 5-10 cameras in use it is impossible to log in check delete hundreds of emails from the cameras. 

A nvr by tp link suitable for tplink ip cams was a must from day 1. 

Wake up

Options
3 Reply
Re:tp link should design and sell an nvr for tp link cameras
2020-01-19 13:16:05

@sofokles5r 

I do agree such a device would be nice.

I would love to see a TPLink NVR and also for them to introduce some 4K cameras to do with it.

Unfortunatly I feel, and this is just a total wild guess, that they are thinking along the lines of long term income from indididual subsriptions from each camera.

This won't work long term as others are realising, people are not going to be prepared to pay $4, $7 or whatever per camera per month

Ok, it's fine if you just want 1 or perhaps 2 camera's, but if you had say 4 outdoor and 4 indoor, then that could be $672 per year!

If you had a NVR then you would not need to pay any of that.

Imagine having Netflix and you paid per movie watched!

Nest/Google have realised people won't pay this, and it actually holds back sales, and will lead to unhappy customers when they buy a camera and it's not make 100% clear in the advert or on the box/packaging that it's only good for a certain time before you are expected to pay to keep using it.

Hopefully, TPLink will see this sooner rather than later and like Google is just about to announce any moment now, create a "Home Plan" where you pay a certain about, and that covers your entire home whether you have 1 or 10 camera's.

That said, I still agree, I would love to have the option of an official TP Link NVR

Given these camera's are all WiFi and TP Link obviously knows how the signal is sent, and all that tech stuff :)

They could VERY easy design, or perhaps even rebrand/tweek to work a current NVR for use with their Camera;s

I hope they do.

Oh and also bring back the TPLink Doorbell which they scrapped, and I've no idea why.

Options
2020-01-19 13:38:53

Hi @SnaffyNoo 

D link has allready 2 nvrs for it's ip cameras. 

i think that tp link is just behind the competition at the moment....

Options
2020-01-22 08:50:17

Hi all,

Thanks for your support and suggestion. 

NVR is a new product for TP-Link, while I do agree that it will be helpful when you have multiple cameras; 

We will forward your requests to our product department; they will keep an eye on similar feedback and evaluate the feasibility.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 889

Replies: 3