Archer C6 Connection Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-30 16:44:53
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20191014 rel.33289(4555)

Hey

So the router works fine and delivers the suggested speeds but when I try to download large files, the internet stops working for that device but the device is still connected to the router and all other devices work normally and have internet access.
For eg, when I try to download a game on steam of large sizes, this connection problem occurs but there seems to be no problem when I try to download through a LAN cable. Please suggest a fix or else I will be returning the router since it has been only a few days and I have exchanged it once already.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Connection Issues
2020-02-07 14:03:29

@Damnation 

Hello, do all the devices have the same issue when they download the large files?

You can try to enable QoS but without other settings changed.

Or you can enable device priority of one device and verify whether it works well when downloading the large files.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2693/

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options