TD-W8960N v4 - Impossible to access management interface after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-11 16:22:43 - last edited 2020-02-12 02:54:30

Hello,

I haven't been able to access the web management interfarce on my TD-W8960N v4 router/modem since I updated the firmware some time ago.

It messed up the password, I can't access neither with the default password nor my personal one.

Today I finally decided to reset the router to factory settings and finally was able to access the web interface again but after changing the defautl password I wasn't able to access again (and the default didn't work either).

So, at the moment, if I want to be able to access the management interface I have to leave the default password (not very safe).

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8960N v4 - Impossible to access management interface after firmware update
2020-02-12 02:52:04 - last edited 2020-02-12 02:54:30

@Jack_Lemon 

Hello, what is the current firmware version of the TD-W8960?

The default login password is admin, you can change another web browser or device to change it again, and please save it.

Then you can access it with the new password and verify whether it works.

If still the same, it is suggested to keep the default one; and as for the security, you can create a new wireless password for the router, cause we need connect to the router itself first to access the web UI.

May it help.

Options
Re:TD-W8960N v4 - Impossible to access management interface after firmware update
2020-02-12 21:23:59 - last edited 2020-02-12 21:24:56

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The firmware should be the last available for this router.

Anyway, after a few more resets/tests I tried to access using Chromium instead of Firefox and it worked.

Before the update I was able to access the management interface with no problem using Firefox, that's why I didn't think to try another browser before.

Funniest thing is that I tried with Firefox again after Chromium, and it worked too.

Nonetheless, both the browsers showed various (minor) issues in the correct visualization of the interface (e.g  the Internet Time and UPnP pages weren't available, the left panel/menu wasn't shown correctly).

I managed to set the various parameters, all but the passwords for the "user" and "support" accounts which aren't available anymore (the drop-down menu in the Access Control Passwords page shows only "admin").

As I am writing I tried again to access with Firefox and it worked flawlessly (still "user" and "support" accounts aren't there anymore).

My conclusion is that the last firmware is a little buggy and the interface works unpredictably.

Hoping that I won't be locked out again, is there a way to fix the "user" and "support" accounts?

(although from your reply I suspect the way would be to leave the router with its default settings).

Thanks for your help.

(I forgot to mention in my first post that I am connected to the router via Ethernet cable and I don't use wireless (i.e. it's disabled)).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 2