TL-WPA8630P Stopped Working After 3 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-27 16:13:35 - last edited 2020-02-27 17:30:15
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 Build 20171117 Rel.42724

Been using the powerline adapter as I have run an ethernet network cable from my kitchen to my garden office. No issues for the past three weeks but today while working from in the afternoon network just dropped out no Internet Connection. (Had been stable from 8am to approximately 2pm) Checking on my router the TP-Link device does not appear to connect at all and is displayed as offline on my router. I have reset a couple of times to try and resolve but still not working. Any suggestions? Really random as not had any problems working 1-2 days from home each week since I purchased the device in early February.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P Stopped Working After 3 weeks
2020-02-27 17:26:49

A reset appears to have done the job but I wonder how long it will last. As I am using just the wired connection I have decided to disable the WiFi Extender and will monitor going forward. I do have older TP-Link AV500 Powerline Adapters on my network which are in use in the lounge to connect my media player and PVR to the network. That should not be causing an issue but would just like to hear if anyone else has had similar issues.

Options
Re:TL-WPA8630P Stopped Working After 3 weeks
2020-02-28 08:38:51

@teg 

Glad to hear that it works well now. Below is some information we need to do further analysis. If this issue happens again, please tell us these information.

1. The led status of the powerline adapters when it stops working. Especially the powerline led.

2. Please ensure that the firmware is up to date.

3. Try to change another socket to plug them; and you can move them into the same room to test the stability.

4. Besides, you can remove the AV500 from the existing powerline network and take some time to test the performance. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1120

Replies: 2

Related Articles