One-way audio only with SIP-Calls on Archer vr600v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-17 08:23:32 - last edited 2020-03-17 08:24:49
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.5.0 0.9.1 v0075.0 Build 190621 Rel.61814n

Hi,

recently i moved from Telekom ISP to easybell ISP with VDSL 100 and a new tp-link Archer vr600v.

everything works flawlessly except SIP-telephony. Although I can call and be called, i can only hear the remote party, but the remote party cannot hear me.

I tried Dect and tp-Phone-App, both with the same result.

When i directly use the easybell-app with the sip-credentials - circumventing the router - it is working.

Has anyone an idea or even a solution to my problem?

I found a similar thread from two years ago, suggesting to install a newer firmware. I already have the newest firmware installed so thats no help.

Thanks in advance,

smoe

Options
8 Reply
Re:One-way audio only with SIP-Calls on Archer vr600v
2020-03-18 03:39:34 - last edited 2020-03-18 03:44:20

@smoe 

Hello, Please refer to the instruction below to double-check your VOIP settings.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2020/

Go to NAT forwarding--ALG, enable/disable the SIP ALG.

If it still not working, please draw your network topology to us, what's the model number of your telephone?

Options
2020-03-18 06:13:57

@Stella.Q 

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I tried what you suggested, but no luck. still I am not audible on the remote side. I, however hear the remote clearly.

I tested with my dect-telephone (siemens gigaset 415) which pairs to the routers base just fine. I also tested with your tp-Phone-App on my android (sony xperia XZ1)

My network-topology is quite simple: the router acts as dsl-modem, my ISP is easybell, i have on telephonenumber, my contract is VDSL 100. 

Please help

Options
2020-03-19 08:30:43

@smoe 

Hi, 
Our engineer will email you later, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in advance, and have a nice day.

Options
2020-09-10 03:39:21

@Stella.Q 

Hi,

I'm having a very similar issue. One way SIP sound where the remote party can't hear me. Setup is Archer VR1600v with latest firmware connected to FTTP modem. ALG disabled for all services, no firewall enabled on modem/router, DMZ set to a linux box running iptables and an Asterisk server. TCPDUMP is showing no RTP packets getting through to dmz from remote party. Router will occasionally throw  a log error about no sip credentials (there are no telephone numbers or sip services registered with the modem) All other network traffic including openvpn working perfectly.

Switched to a netgear modem/router with DMZ set as per the TP-Link and no other changes and sip works perfectly.

If you require any other futher information, happy to provide network traffic dumps.

Cheers

Greg

Options
2021-06-01 17:08:29

@smoe do you have resolve the issue? I have receive today my VR600v but I can not do a calls. The incoming calls works correctly.

Options
2021-06-04 12:09:01

@z3n0 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

For your case, could you please help me check some details:

1. May I know who is your VOIP service provider?
  2. Can I have some pictures of your VOIP configuration?
  3. Would there be any error message or unusual behavior when you failed to call out?
  4. If possible, could you please save the system logs on the DSL modem?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-06-04 12:53:41 - last edited 2021-06-04 12:55:21

@TP-Link 

Hello!

My internet and voip provider is the same, TIM (italian telecom).

On TIM site you can see all the parameters for FTTC and VOIP services: https://assistenzatecnica.tim.it/at/Internet_privati/modem_generico#1080001 (under the " Servizi Voce (VoIP) - tecnologia FTTC e FTTH" menu).

This is my configuration:

The incoming calls work fine but outgoing calls don't work. When I do a call, I ear a busy sound.

Each time that I do an outgoing call, I see this message on the system Log: A flash writing operation is suspended by VoIP.

Thank you too.

Options
2021-06-09 05:47:31

@z3n0 

Hi,Thank you very much for the update.

Your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already and please have a check of your email box;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1528

Replies: 8