SOLVED: C200 notifications schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SOLVED: C200 notifications schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:C200 notifications schedule
2020-06-19 10:58:34

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for reply and workaround :-), but I would like to wait for this exact feature which will really help me a lot. When this will be released for sure I will extend numbers of devices in home because this device works very good, so only one small thing to improve.

Cheers

Options
2020-07-31 10:20:54

@Solla-topee 

Any news so far? :-)

Regards,

Dominik

Options
2020-07-31 12:26:28
I agree that this would be a very useful feature. I'm sat in my out house office, right behind the camera and my phone pings every time the neighbour goes by on his over priced sit down lawnmower. Yes, the home/away modes are quite good, but is still manual.
Options
2020-07-31 13:19:56

I've updated to the newest firmware 1.0.10  (in the app you need to select "Me" > "Firmware update" and i personally had to swipe down multiple times before it found the update)

Anyway, it doesn't solve this issue.   It's honoustly ridiculous that the development story points went into something else. This is litterally the only issue mentioned with this device. And it's important, I'll explain why in case tp-link couldn't come up with this themselves:

Current situation with issue still not fixed:

Camera's in house. There's no way you can have the notifications turned on because of this mentioned BUG. 

Burglar comes in the house. Sees camera. Takes SD card out or takes compleet camera. Leaves with all your stuff. You're not notified or anything. Can't even see the images of the recording. 

I'm sorry, but this makes the device as a security measure complete and utter USELESS

That gigantic problem would be solved if tp-link would just add another calender for the notifications. (There are more options to fix this issue)

p.s. It would be a lot easier to wait for a solution if anyone from tp-link would just say WHEN we can expect the fix. 

Options
2020-08-04 02:28:17 - last edited 2020-11-23 17:15:35

@Tummie555 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up again.

Sorry that the Notification feature doesn't support the schedule setting yet, but we do have the plan to add it in the future updates, please kindly wait for the new Tapo app or firmware release. 

Currently, we may try with an alternative by enabling the Home Mode and Away Mode on the Tapo app for the camera. You may set different Motion Detection and Notification permissions as per the two modes like you can choose to receive notifications when in Away Mode but don't receive it when in Home Mode.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?

For security concerns and if the camera gets stolen, we don't think the notification schedule feature will help but cloud storage may help, which will be supported in the near future.

Thanks for your patience again, good day.

Options
2020-09-17 07:28:11

I had some cheaper cameras with motion detection schedule.

I can`t believe TP-Link does not support this feature.It`s a major feature.

It`s not very handy to enter menu everytime you leave or come home to activate Home and Away Mode.

At least the possiblity to add shotcuts to Home and Away Mode would be nice.

But motion detection schedule should come soon.

Options
Re:C200 notifications schedule-Solution
2020-11-23 17:14:35 - last edited 2020-11-23 17:15:07

Feature has been added in latest firmware release. Allthough not like the other calender options in the same app, but hey, we've waited too long for this to complain. 

You can set a notification schedule like this:

Make sure you have Firmware 1.0.16 : 

Open app > select camera > Detection & Alerts > Notifications > Custom time 

You'll be able to select a 1 specific time window, and the days it should be applied to. (So no time window per day, but like I said, better than nothing!)

Thank you TP-link.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-24 09:07:48 - last edited 2020-11-24 09:09:04

Will this be made available in C100 also?

Options
Related Articles