No notifications on my Tapo c200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 20:44:36 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:22:24
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Got my c200 yesterday and everything worked fine tills today, it just stop sending me notifications when something moves, I loop record and I want notifications whenever somethings moves. I had a lot of notifications and messages on the app so I deleted them, cus I taught that I would work then but it don't. 

any advice? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:No notifications on my Tapo c200-Solution
2020-10-02 13:16:35 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:23:06

@Watchcote @Nerman 

Ok !

I have finally solved the problem on accessing my TAPO camera over 3G-4G Networks.

I just talked with the my networks provider, 3rd level technician and he asked me to try again.

We hanged up the phone and i tried.

My service provider is providing a small kind of firewall for some customers that have or might have asked for it.

They have disabled it and i can access my camera, over the 3G-4G Networks.

Have you sloved the problem from yourside ?

Kind regards,

Harry !

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-13 02:10:36 - last edited 2022-05-13 02:10:44

Hello everyone, 

If you met similar concern that phone can't get notification from tapo , or get delayed notification, please try troubleshooting suggestions here:  

[Troubleshooting] Tapo Camera Notification Issues

How to Troubleshoot Android Delayed Notifications on Kasa /Tapo APP

If the camera still has a notification problem, please create a new thread with case details below and so we could help look into that further: 

1. Model of mobile phone and its OS version.

2. log of the camera: How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

3. Model & MAC address of the camera.

4. (If  Motion is not detected or Camera Alarm never being tripped) Photos Motion Detection settings + a photo of Message Center.

Recommended Solution
Options
28 Reply
Re:No notifications on my Tapo c200
2020-06-12 01:23:10

@Nerman 

Hello, please help verify the below settings on the Motion Detection and Notification settings on the Tapo app:

1. Follow the guide to check you've set a proper Activity Zone and the Sensitivity is High:

How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

2. Confirm the Motion Detection and Notification is enabled on the Tapo app.

3. Ensure you've enabled to receive the Notifications send by the Tapo app on your phone, you may refer to Step 1 in the below:

What should I do if push notifications from my Kasa Cam do not work correctly?

4. Please enable the camera light or sound alert feature on the Tapo app and see if there is light or sound alert when there is movement.

5. If all of the above doesn't help at all, kindly try to login to your Tapo account on another phone and enable the notification feature on the APP as well as on that phone, check if you can receive any.

Options
2020-08-14 13:27:46

Hi Team, 

I have Tapo C200, my notification box had around 128 messages, my motion notification was working fine both on ios and android, but stopped working all of the sudden. I have cleared the message box and also crossed the settings, but it is not working. Is it a known error ?

Regards,

Rohit

Options
2020-08-14 16:33:00

I'm having problems not receiving any push notifications from my Tapo C200 to my mobile phone

I get the notifications when I'm connected via WiFi but not when I'm out of range and rely on 4G.

ive tried reinstalling the app, the camera. All notifications are enabled on the app and on my phone

any Ideas please?

Options
2020-09-14 09:56:46

@Nerman Hello !!

I have the same problem.

I can connect to the device from my wi-fi home network. Everything works... almost fine. 

Sometimes i need to close the Tapo app on my mobile and re-open it.

And i use the latest firmware, as the app informed me.

When i booted the camera for the first time and got connected to my home wi-fi, it asked for a firmware update and i accepted bla bla bla.

I cannot get any notifications when i am away from home and use my 3G or 4G network.

BUT !!! As I noticed that if i connect to another wi-fi network, (like from work or from my parents appartment or from a coffee shop, bar, restorant, playground, kids kingdoom play house, museums, theaters ) and then I open the Tapo App from my android device, then i HAVE ACCEES to my Tapo C200 camera.

So, in about 9 hours from now, i will be at home and i will try disabling my modem Firewall or allow all trafic from the local IP address my TAPO device got, UDP/TCP all ports etc

(I wonder who else might have the access of using this device except me and watch !!)

Anyway !! 

I am gonna reply to you problably tomorrow.

Options
2020-09-14 12:06:22

@Bob_The_Greek 

yes, mine connects to all WiFi just not over 3/4G. 
very strange as I'm all up to date with firmware etc.

workos on my wife's IPhone though, just not my Samsung 

Bob_The_Greek wrote

@Nerman Hello !!

I have the same problem.

I can connect to the device from my wi-fi home network. Everything works... almost fine. 

Sometimes i need to close the Tapo app on my mobile and re-open it.

And i use the latest firmware, as the app informed me.

When i booted the camera for the first time and got connected to my home wi-fi, it asked for a firmware update and i accepted bla bla bla.

I cannot get any notifications when i am away from home and use my 3G or 4G network.

BUT !!! As I noticed that if i connect to another wi-fi network, (like from work or from my parents appartment or from a coffee shop, bar, restorant, playground, kids kingdoom play house, museums, theaters ) and then I open the Tapo App from my android device, then i HAVE ACCEES to my Tapo C200 camera.

So, in about 9 hours from now, i will be at home and i will try disabling my modem Firewall or allow all trafic from the local IP address my TAPO device got, UDP/TCP all ports etc

(I wonder who else might have the access of using this device except me and watch !!)

Anyway !! 

I am gonna reply to you problably tomorrow.

Options
2020-09-14 20:48:12
Ok i have disabled the firewall on my modem-router and before that i tried making some port-forwarding... Both failed... There was no point on doing either, because i CAN connect when i try to connect to the Tapo device, from another Wi-Fi. I also have a Samsung mobile device !! It's the A71. I have my old Huawei p9 somewhere... I need to find it and try with it as well... But i don't think it the Samsung that causing this problem. It's like we get blocked when we try communicating with the Tapo device over 3G-4G networks. It's very weird. I am gonna keep on searching about this and let you know if i find anything..
Options
2020-09-15 06:02:29 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:22:53

@Bob_The_Greek 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried on the Huawei P9 to see if it is the same as Samsung A7i?

By the way, what is the model number of your home router?

If you refer to the following link to adjust the activity zone and motion sensitivity level, would it make any difference?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2622/

@Watchcote 

What are the model number and operating system of your Samsung smartphone?

Do you mean that your wife’s phone is able to receive the notification over the 3/4G network?

And how about the model number of her smartphone?

By the way, what is the model number of your home router as well?

Update:

If anyone who had the same issue #cannot gets any notifications over 3G or 4G network or # No notifications on Tapo c200

please help us check the following information:

1. What is the model number of your home?
  2. What are the model number and operating system of your smartphone?
  3. If you adjust the activity zone and motion sensitivity level, would it make any difference?
  4. When there is no notification, once you access the camera, and check the timeline and playback& memory on the live view page, would there be any video clip?

Here are some suggestions:

1. Reset and set up the camera one more time to see if the issue ended;
  2. Change the DNS server of the home router to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, and turn off the firewall, AP isolation if any;

After that, if the issue still existed, please send an email to support@tp-link.com with the above answer and subject # Forum 211908 Tapo C200 notification issue.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Options
2020-09-15 21:03:28 - last edited 2020-09-15 21:58:41

@Brook  Hello and thank you for your advices and help !

(Just to help more people, could some Admin change this Threads name to something like " No Notifications On my Tapo C200 when using 3G-4G networks" ???)

Just a while ago I finished trying to connect to my Tapo device by using the 3G-4G networks from Huawei P9 device, here in Athens Greece.

I am afraid I had no luck.

Firstly I would like to say that I have disabled my VDSL modem Firewall. I thought it might help, but no....

The carrier providing me VDSL connection is named, Cosmote.

The modem info you can find them in the attached photo IMG_20200915_231322.jpg

(Yeah i thought it would be nice to hide some info)

I have tried the steps described in the link you pointed out, but no matter what I tried, I could not connect to my Tapo Camera by using the 3G-4G network.

Everything checks out. But accessing the Tapo 200 camera from  3G-4G LTE networks is not working

Also in the second picture I have included the Internet speed I get from my apartment by using:

a)  My VDSL speed

b)  My LTE 3G-4G carrier speed (it's 4G but anyway...)

As for the questions you ask:

1) Speedport Plus by Sercom in France

2) Huawei P9 EVA-L09, EMUI ver 5.0.4, Android Version 7 --> Samsung A71 SM-A715F, One UI version 2.1, Android ver 10

3) No

4)  Yes i can see that there is a video saved. I tested it by putting the camera in away mode and when i moved, the siren started, t recorded me talking and moving but i had no alarm in my phone. Of course i was using 3G-4G network. I did the same test with my Wi-Fi and everything was working ok.

Then i used the wi-fi i have in work and i could see my home, though the Tapo 200 Camera.

It works when i use Wi-Fi ... Any Wi-Fi... But not from 3G-4G networks.

I have resseted the camera once (I will try again) and i already use Google DNS servers already.

Anything else I could try ?

Thank you very much for your time and I hope I was helpful.

Options
2020-10-02 13:16:35 - last edited 2022-06-29 03:23:06

@Watchcote @Nerman 

Ok !

I have finally solved the problem on accessing my TAPO camera over 3G-4G Networks.

I just talked with the my networks provider, 3rd level technician and he asked me to try again.

We hanged up the phone and i tried.

My service provider is providing a small kind of firewall for some customers that have or might have asked for it.

They have disabled it and i can access my camera, over the 3G-4G Networks.

Have you sloved the problem from yourside ?

Kind regards,

Harry !

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-02 13:24:32

@Bob_The_Greek 

No, but I may have to go this route. It was with the mobile phone service operator I presume?

Or is it with the broadband sullpier?

can I disable the he firewall or do they have to do it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 10048

Replies: 28

Related Articles