Loss of Internet when I start downloading files using Bittorrent client.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-28 01:19:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

Every Single time without fail - I start a torrent download and it crashes all my internet for a few minutes and then comes back of its own accord.

Very frustrating - it's almost like the whole system os "overloaded" and just stops.

I am on 350 meg from Virgin Media - this happens when wired into a m5 node - but it crashes them all - even the one wired into the superhub.

So frustrating - checked latest firmware and all are on it.

Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:Loss of Internet when I start downloading files using Bittorrent client.
2020-03-30 03:42:52

@whiteswan 

Hi, what is the current network diagram? And what about the operation mode of the Deco units? 

What is the led status of Deco when it crashes? Is there any error message on the Deco app?

Does the network crash with running other network activities? Like browsing or watching the video? 

Try to connect the main Deco to the superhub only and take some time to verify whether it has the same issue. 

Try to swap the locations of the slave Decos or switch the slave Deco to main Deco as well. 

Good day. 

Options