Is there a hidden DHCP Server in Powerline adapters?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there a hidden DHCP Server in Powerline adapters?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
93 Reply
Re:Is there a hidden DHCP Server in Powerline adapters?
2021-09-27 09:16:10

Why is it SO diffcult to add a button that just disables the DHCP dameon?

I have scripts at home that turn off my PCs from a HTML page!! Its not rocket science

The worst part is that some TP-Link products already have this: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1804

Why doesnt TP-Link add this to the product? It makes 0 sense.

On other people in this thread: Does anyone have any recommended powerlink adapters? I have to get rid of my TP-Link because they are driving my network crazy.

Options
2021-09-27 09:27:41

@riahc4 I simply returned my device and bought power socket without AP and attached normal cheap AP and got the same but you are right shi... firmware without support!

Options
2021-09-27 14:06:53
The last picture on the page you link to us pretty much what we have been asking for over the last 18 months. I am hopeful this will get added to firmware updates for all previous products with this "feature".
Options
2021-09-28 09:29:01

Hello @riahc4 ,

That smart DHCP article uses Range extender DHCP server as a demonstration, I agree that DHCP ON/ OFF button design looks more clear and easier, our seniors are still working on some beta firmware that allows to turn off DHCP server completely , topic discussing PLC DHCP beta , we've received your feedback on the DHCP server on off design and will pass along your ideas to appropriate team, Thank you for your feedback. 

Options
2022-01-26 02:38:40

Solla-topee wrote

looks more clear and easier

@Solla-topee 

I'm still looking for a way to shut down this DHCP service. In my opinion someone made a design error from the beginning. This is firmware all it needs is the will to make it right. 

This TL-WPA4220 was suppose to be the best product to expand a kit (TL-WPA7510) capable of 1000 Mbps with Ethernet, + options with 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi. The TL-WPA4220 is capable of only a fraction of Ethernet speed + no Wifi and bug from poor design where TP-Link don't look too eager to provide a solution. I am very disappointed to see this was your best option. 

I have a firewall sending me emails every single hour about this DHCP check every 30 seconds from TL-WPA4220.

To me the solution will be to find a replacement product from an other manufacturer and this TL-WPA4220 will go on a shelf. 

Options
2022-01-26 06:12:10 - last edited 2022-01-26 06:30:35

Hello @ggirf14 

Thank you for your feedback with TL-WPA4220,  please check this thread for PLC DHCP concerns: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/265692

May I know the hardware version & country version of the AV600? 

Similar to other network devices, after plug in PLC, PLC will also request an IP address from a Router ( DHCP server).

For ' a firewall sending me emails every single hour about this DHCP check every 30 seconds from TL-WPA4220' 

You could try to set static IP for WPA4420 as above thread and see if that helps.

Can I know the model of router, can you share some details or router's log or photos , we will try to see if that request or check is common. Thank you

Options
2022-05-22 09:24:14

@Solla-topee 

Please provide firmware with option to disable DHCP for TL-WPA7510(EU) V1, or at least with some workaround.

If there is already a firmware, please let me know.

Thanks four your support,

Options
2022-05-22 09:35:02

@TP-Link @Solla-topee  

@Luke6791 

Is there a working firmware for EU version for the TL-WPA7510 v1 ? This request is almost 18 months old now. We do speak of a 1-5 line change in configuration, and with the beta even the test burden is nicely avoided ...

Options
2022-05-23 03:10:43 - last edited 2022-05-25 02:23:27

updated the url 

Hello  @user45634 

You could learn the update of the topic from below thread

[Solution] Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

Currently only TL-WPA7510 V2 has the newer firmware,one user mentioned that set up Static IP on the network device itself helps with the case, you might give that a try. You could search for how to set up staitc IP on the network device as the ways of setup are difference. 

Options
2022-05-24 18:32:24

@Solla-topee Can you have one of the senior engineers log in to this forum and interact directly with affected people? It is taking far too much time to release a fix.

Options
Related Articles