Lamp when switching on always flashes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-30 08:32:49
Model: LB110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon,
I have a LB110 lamp and when I configure it through the Kasa app everything is fine, but after 2/3 days, every time I turn on the lamp, it always flashes 3 times. I always have to erase it and reconfigure it to work properly without blinking, but after days it always blinks again.
Could you help me solve this problem?
best regards

Options
4 Reply
Re: Lamp when switching on always flashes
2020-05-31 10:03:15

@Goncalo_Costa 

If you connect a normal lamp into the same lamp base, will it flicker?

The flickering issue happened since you installed this smart bulb or the issue happened sometime after it functioned properly before?

Please always ensure the voltage and power supply in your house is stable. If convenient, send us a video showing this flickering issue and we will ask the seniors to further investigate.

Options
2020-05-31 10:06:33 - last edited 2020-06-03 11:46:29

@Solla-topee 

If I connect a normal lamp it works normally, without problems.

The flickering issue happened since I installed this smart bulb.

whenever the lamp is as well as blinking, it is configured in the application.

File:
VID20200531111640.mp4Download
Options
2021-09-03 08:06:59

@Goncalo_Costa i have the same issue. It seems to be an error message - flashes 3 times different colours when i switch on. Have you found out what it is??

Options
2022-01-01 13:33:58

@SimonMartin 

I have the same issue. In my case, the TAPO L530E flashes 3 times and is not able to reconnect to the wifi; I need to go through the configuration procedure again.

I have also replaced it with other lamps of the same type, I get the same effect: after some days of correct operation, they are not able to reconnect to the wifi and flash 3 times at startup.

The only difference from other working cases is that the wifi comes form a powerline extender, also from tplink. The powerline extender works fine for the many other devices connected to it.

I have not observed this issue when the wifi comes from the main router at home.

Is there any test to better understand the problem? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5216

Replies: 4