Control smart lights with MS100 and CS100

2020-06-01 03:48:50

Hello,

I have installed in my network and in Kasa app some lights, switches and plugs, along with the SR20 hub/router and one motion sensor MS100 and an open/close sensor CS100.

All of them are original TP Link products; the two sensors came as one package with the SR20 hub.

I have tried so much but I find it impossible to have the sensors controlling the lights with an automation. There is no such option through Kasa App. In the automation page, it asks for a Kasa cam to be installed first.

It seems that the sensors are not doing what they are advertised to do; they even don't send notifications of movement or for opening. You have to enter to the app to see if there is no movement.

Can you advise?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Control smart lights with MS100 and CS100
2020-06-01 09:31:48

@Michalis 

The Smart Actions for the SR20 has been moved to the device settings section on the new Kasa APP (Kasa -> Select SR20 from the home list -> Select Device Settings from device details screen -> Then you should see the option for 'Smart Actions'). Check again if you can configure the smart action with the MS100 and CS100.

Best Regards.
Options