Router not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 17:48:05 - last edited 2020-06-06 05:21:42
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Just bought a tp-link AC1600 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Moden Router but am unable to connect to the internet. Lights are showing on top but not the internet one. I have Sky broadband package. I can access internet using the Sky router but not this new one. Sky are prioritising their customer service for vulnerable ad key workers and I don't apply. Any ideas how to overcome this welcomed. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router not connecting to internet
2020-06-06 05:29:05

@Tnanon 

May I have the exact model number of the AC1600 modem router? 

And did you contact Sky to verify whether there is any Mac filtering or Mac binding or any restriction enabled at their end? Some ISPs may have limitations and only allow their own router to connect.

If there is no restriction on Sky end, you may confirm the basic parameters you have entered on the modem web UI and ensure they are all correct. Below is the basic troubleshooting you may have a look:

What should I do if I cannot access the internet with TP-Link DSL modem router even though the configuration is finished?

Options
Re:Router not connecting to internet
2021-08-10 17:37:25 - last edited 2021-08-10 17:39:52

@Tnanon 

You can also use for router as extender or repeater by connecting lan cable from sky broadband router to the second one. You cannot use third party router as main router because many companies restricted this and this is also easier for companies for verification

Here in India

Almost every provider who provide fiber optic broadband connection, they give this type of service which won't support connecting third party router directly

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1333

Replies: 2

Related Articles