WPA8630 coupling to own router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-08 19:23:23 - last edited 2020-06-10 02:48:45
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone!

We live in a rather new house and we have two WPA8630 extenders connected to our power line. All set up via the included manual and paired to my WiFi point in the kitchen, same SSID, same password. However... When I walk with any device (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, her iPad and iPhone etc) from the kitchen to the living, the internet signal is gone. I have to switch WiFi off and on every time I change from the standard router WiFi to the 8630 WiFi. Basically, tell the phone to look again for familiar networks and even though I have set up the 8630's on the same information as the router itself, there's still this very annoying feature that I have to switch the WiFi off and on, sometimes it's so annoying that I decide to use LTE instead because I keep switching the WiFi button... Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WPA8630 coupling to own router-Solution
2020-06-10 02:48:39 - last edited 2020-06-10 02:48:45

@Jkuiper 

Hi there, I believe that your system is working correctly. The Wi-Fi system is a clone system and NOT a MESH system. In the latter, switching to a Wi-Fi source with the stronger signal is automatic, while it is NOT the same case with a Wi-Fi clone system, as you have discovered the receiver device has to switch the Wi-Fi connection manually by an off on or manually connect to the stronger one.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA8630 coupling to own router-Solution
2020-06-10 02:48:39 - last edited 2020-06-10 02:48:45

@Jkuiper 

Hi there, I believe that your system is working correctly. The Wi-Fi system is a clone system and NOT a MESH system. In the latter, switching to a Wi-Fi source with the stronger signal is automatic, while it is NOT the same case with a Wi-Fi clone system, as you have discovered the receiver device has to switch the Wi-Fi connection manually by an off on or manually connect to the stronger one.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 1

Related Articles