Roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Roaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Roaming
Roaming
2020-06-25 13:36:54
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_200514

Hello 

i am having roaming problems with my TL-WA850RE V7, DHCP is off and signal is great, 

any device, iPhone windows etc when moving from the main modem to the range extender the session is dropped or lost,

Roaming happens! but the connection is lost as if the Range Extender is doing double nat and i have to initiate the session again,

a clearer example is a VOIP call working fine over the Modem then roamed over to the Range extender will not resume working until i kill the call and call again, also same happens when moving the other way around,

please this is causing a lot of discomfort.

thank you 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Roaming
2020-06-29 06:30:01

@abeditani 

Hi, it seems what you report is true.

Generally, when a client or device is moving around between the main router and the extender, it will choose to connect to a better wireless signal automatically and you may even hardly "see" this disconnect-reconnect process. However, some special applications such as Wi-Fi calling or VOIP call may feel this small and short disconnect-reconnect.

More details about roaming, please refer to:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/592/

A mesh network such as Deco mesh or Onemesh network may help a lot in such situations if you have a high requirement for the roaming experience.

May it help.

Options
Re:Roaming
2020-06-29 06:52:41 - last edited 2020-06-29 06:55:38

@Solla-topee 

thanks for replying,

I am a certified Cisco wireless engineer and I work with roaming all day, it's not about the application it's about the repeater it self it shouldn't nat my traffic again as I Am not getting a different ip but the same ip from the modem tplink should improve the software of this product it should be seemless 

The article states how to let the cleint roam but I don't have roaming problems but this internet disconnection is ter

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 2

Related Articles