Archer A7 | Port Forwarding Issues | How do I downgrade firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-29 10:37:09
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Hello! Port forwarding used to work fine on our router, but has stopped working after two things happened: a) we changed ISPs, and b) I upgraded the router firmware. I called our ISP, and they said everything should be working fine. I'd like to investigate variable b, and downgrade our router firmware. So I've got two questions:

1) Is it possible to figure out the previous firmware version that I had installed?

2) How do I perform a router firmware downgrade? (I see lots of forum posts, but it seems like the instructions are always emailed to the users instead of posted on the forum)

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 | Port Forwarding Issues | How do I downgrade firmware?
2020-06-30 09:04:58

@jcdeichmann 

Hello, do you remember what is the previous version of the firmware?

As far as I know, there is nothing changed on the new firmware related to NAT or port forwarding, so you may try to check the port forwarding settings on it again and ensure they are correct.

But if you still want to downgrade to the previous version, you can download the firmware from the local official website, which is a zipped file, you need to unzip it and then upload it into the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1326

Replies: 1

Related Articles