Using Deco app on new phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-18 18:29:59 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:42:12
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

My TP link deco wifi has already been set up previously. 

I have bought a new phone and installed the app but when I log in I cannot see the connected device. 

It prompts me to set up the system again which I actually tried to do but failed. 

Has anyone any advice? 

Do I need to keep trying to set up the system, like it's a new install OR is there a way I can get my already connected system, recognised on the app? 

Many thanks 😀

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using Deco app on new phone -Solution
2021-05-19 03:38:40 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:42:12

@JeffreyT 

Hi, yes and you need to make sure that you have logged into the same email account on the new phone;

--if you have already done that and it still required a new setup, please leave me a private message with the following information:

1. your TP-Link ID for the Deco;

2. the MAC address of the main Deco;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Using Deco app on new phone
2020-07-21 06:34:34

@Goonermel 

Hello, please check below if you cannot find the M4 when logged in on another phone:

1. Check if you've logged in the correct cloud account which your Deco M4s linked to. Try to log out and log in again.

2. On the top-middle of the Deco app, please check if you can see any Deco network you've created on the previous phone.

3. Reboot the Deco network, and then connect the phone to the main Deco's Wi-Fi network.

4. Try with another phone.

Thanks.

Options
2021-05-19 01:21:23

@TP-Link_Deco 

Did you get your new phone to work with old setup? 

Have the same problem with my new phone. 

Options
Re:Using Deco app on new phone -Solution
2021-05-19 03:38:40 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:42:12

@JeffreyT 

Hi, yes and you need to make sure that you have logged into the same email account on the new phone;

--if you have already done that and it still required a new setup, please leave me a private message with the following information:

1. your TP-Link ID for the Deco;

2. the MAC address of the main Deco;

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-19 04:52:39
Thank you. This saved me a bunch of effort. I almost started resetting my Decos!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3795

Replies: 4

Related Articles