P9 problems are back!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

P9 problems are back!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
P9 problems are back!
P9 problems are back!
2020-08-20 19:58:22
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20200513 Rel. 52023

New firmware, old problem back. 

when I first got these terrible mesh WiFi units it took about 6 weeks of going mental at chat support, live sessions, beta versions of firmware and trial and error to stop them dropping internet connection multiple times a day. 

New firmware came up a few days ago and all the problems are back. I've literally changed nothing, your product is an absolute joke. What the actual f***. Fix your products you total joke of a company. 

I had to use 4G to post this as my phone is connected to WiFi but not actually to the internet!! Useless pile of s***. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:P9 problems are back!
2020-08-27 06:26:06

@Scoredo 

Hello, sorry to hear that you encounter an unstable issue with the Deco P9.

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode of the Deco? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode.
2. Can you please confirm how all the Deco units are connected, via wireless or PLC? You may confirm it as below:
On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is a Powerline icon, it means the satellite Deco is using PLC backhaul. Please ensure that both the two Deco P9 units are plugged into the wall socket directly but not to power extensions.
3. When the RE Deco loses the connection, how about the LEDs on the Deco units, are they all blinking red or solid green?
4. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

5. Which beta firmware were you using before? Does that firmware have no improvement at all?

Good days.

Options