Deco m9 plus won’t connect to main unit unless within 5 feet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 18:40:34
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just setting up the deco m9 plus.  I have fiber, so no modem, just the Ethernet jack.  Main unit sets up and seems to work ok, even though some devices get the incorrect password about 50% of the time.  The main problem is once I get the second deco setup and then move it about 20ft away it isn't found again on the app and all I get is the flashing red light.  If I move it back to right next to the main unit then it's green on top again.  The range can't be that bad on these can it?

This happened after I finally got it connected after multiple resets and about 2 hours online chat with tplink.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco m9 plus won’t connect to main unit unless within 5 feet.
2020-08-27 02:16:18

@Hallock36 

Hello,

Is there a wall between the main Deco and the second one? Generally, 20ft should be OK. How about the signal strength from the main unit when you sit next to the second Deco? Please confirm this on your phone or on the laptop and ensure the second Deco is not on.

If the signal source from the main Deco is not good in the location where you want to install the second, then you need to relocate the second unit as there might be heavy interference between the two and they cannot communicate.

Thanks.

Options