Tp-WPA8630P Kit disconnecting from internet randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 14:30:03
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564

Hello

I am currently using WPA8630P Kit to form a powerline connection from my router to my bedroom. Randomly maybe at least once a day, connection to the internet is lost. I have noticed this randomly happening on my laptop, phone, xbox and playstation. 

I have tried various things I have search on my laptop to try and fix this issue, including turning of power saving mode, setting a static ip address for the adapter and the device connected to it with a IP address outside of the DHCP range. I also turn the adapter off and only have it on during the day.

There are nothing on the system logs on either the powerline or router to suggest there is a problem, however more times it happens the more frustrating it gets.

Is there any other solutions to this issue, my house is only 20 years old and fairly modern by building standards.

Thanks

R

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tp-WPA8630P Kit disconnecting from internet randomly
2020-08-24 14:30:28
also the firmware is up to date.
Options
Re:Tp-WPA8630P Kit disconnecting from internet randomly
2020-08-31 10:04:54

@Maestro30k 

Good day.

For your case, we would like to get the following information:

1. How long have you had the device and when did the issue start?
  2. Did both the wireless connection and Ethernet connection drop a lot, or just the Wi-Fi?
  3. Have you ever checked if the main router had a stable connection?
  4. When the connection dropped, are you still connected but no internet, or the Wi-Fi has already been disconnected?

If possible, please also try to change the wireless advanced settings to see If that helped and you could refer to this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Thank you very much!

Options