When will firmware with OneMesh support available for TL-WPA8630P KIT V2?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-06 20:17:17 - last edited 2021-09-14 03:35:25
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V2.0.3

Dear all,

I open this new thread to keep the discussion alive.

Support for OneMesh is "planned". Is there any disclosable forecasted availability date? Some threads opened in 2019... it's September 2020...

Second question: will it be compatible with EasyMesh?

Thank you in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:When will firmware with OneMesh support available for TL-WPA8630P KIT V2?-Solution
2021-04-30 10:55:47 - last edited 2022-02-22 03:03:05

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in tp-link oneMesh feature, and we really appreciate your time and feedback to TL-WPA8630P.

For the availability or future plan of OneMesh, please kindly keep an eye on One mesh Compatibility List on the TP-Link official website :
https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/compatibility/

If the model is currently not listed as planned, really sorry to tell you currently there isn't a plan for that model OneMesh firmware. 

Kindly note that ' planned' is not a guarantee of this feature as noted on the top of compatibility, as presale inquiry, please consider the models that already supports this feature.

Your understanding is much appreciated. 

Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:When will firmware with OneMesh support available for TL-WPA8630P KIT V2?
2020-09-23 10:28:57

@DarioFrancesch 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Really sorry for the inconvenience, there is still no estimated time of arrival yet.

And you might need to keep attention to our official website.

It is not compatible with EasyMesh, only with TP-Link OneMesh and works with our OneMesh routers;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-10-04 19:00:01 - last edited 2020-10-05 12:01:46

@Solla-topee 

Hi there,

I am also waiting for this firmware update since half a year already. I have build entire infrastructure for 2 guest houses recently. Now I need to make some decisions where to go next with other investments (yet another houses to provide WiFi). Having that said, I am not sure if TP-Link is good direction anymore, please provide any deadline so at least all of us could make a correct decisions when building infrastructure, should we either follow up with TP-Link or move to Ubiquity / Acer / Netgear solutions.

I must admit that the promised Mesh support was the only reason of choosing TP-Link infrastructure (routers, powerline adapters, switches). I was even thinking about DECO solution, but I already have quite expensive (TP-Link) routers, so I assume that DECO stuff, just for repeating signal is way too much. Moreover I am not even sure if it can work as passthought Wifi point with mesh support (all in all DECO is router itself).

Guys I am also software developer, so I could not believe that you don't have any milestones set in you JIRA (issue tracker)? Please provide us any date / deadline (at least approximate) for the firmware delivery.

Best...

Krystian.

Options
2020-12-10 18:13:12

Dear @Solla-topee,

have you got any update on firmware availability?

Thank you in advance

Options
2020-12-18 02:52:50

@DarioFrancesch 

Good day,

Sorry that there is still no updated news about the OneMesh compatibility on TL-WPA8630P kit.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-25 20:36:32

@TP-Link I see on onemesh compatibility list that the support on wpa8630p v2 is no more planned... can you confirm??

I'm confused and, in case, disappointed.

Options
2021-01-26 21:22:24

I'm extremely disappointed. I've been waiting for a year now for onemesh support, and you keep saying later. In the latest mail I had from TP-Link, you said that you planned to release a firmware update that will support onemesh in early 2021. WTF is going on? Do you or do you not have any plans of supporting onemesh for the TL-WPA8630P v2.1?

Please give all of us a strait answer.

Options
2021-01-28 06:02:36

@Thornsen 

Hi, thanks for your time and patience.

I am afraid there is still no plan to add the Onemesh compatibility on the TL-WPA8630P KIT v1+V2 yet.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
2021-01-31 01:29:59

broken heartsad

Options
2021-01-31 14:18:28

@TP-Link 

"Thank you very much for your understanding and support"??? Go f yourself. 

I'll throw your useless sht in the bin, and buy some new gear from a professional company. 

😡🖕

And by the way, thank you for your understanding. 

Options
2021-02-01 11:05:54

@TP-Link 

Sorry, but this isn't on and is completely unprofessional. I purchased the TL-WPA8630P KIT V2 in December (to fix an immediate need) but I was really hesitant to spend £200 on tech that would soon be obsolete. At the time I checked your website and had a customer support chat, and both sources informed me you did plan to have a firmware update for One Mesh support for the TL-WPA8630P KIT V2.

Now you are selling the TL-WPA8631P for the same price and have changed your stance on firmware updates.

Absolutely disgusting customer service. Last time I will be buying any TP Link products.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 3874

Replies: 19