Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily
2021-05-05 17:54:46

Is there still an issue if you have more than one cameras?

Options
2021-05-06 01:36:33

KalleKat wrote

Is there still an issue if you have more than one cameras?

@KalleKat Actually I have 3 C200 and I don't have any additional problems compared to before when I have used only one.

Not sure this is the right answer to your question ...

Options
2021-05-08 07:02:22 - last edited 2021-05-08 07:02:57

Same problem here. 3x c200, random one or two if them goes offline, sometimes I need to replug power  3 times to get it to work again.

Any solution somewhere?

Options
2021-10-28 17:30:57

I have the same problem, 2x C200s that lose connection to the Tapo app (on iPad) non-stop.  On the Tapo app I need to "refresh" the feeds every 2-10 minutes, and sometimes that does not work and I need to quit/restart the app.  Sometimes that does not work either and the app logs me out (only on iOS devices, Android this hasn't happened).  Other times I need to unplug/replug the camera.  Pretty much problems with everything at this point.  I also frequently get an alert saying "you have been watching this live stream for 2 minutes, do you wish to continue viewing?"  I am using these as baby cameras but they've become unusable.  Also annoying is that you can only listen to the audio feed of one selected camera at a time, but that appears to be an app limitation rather than a connection issue.

For Wifi, I have two TP-Link EAPs (EAP235-Wall on main floor and EAP245 upstairs) that are wired to my Netgear R7000 running FreshTomato (router has Wifi disabled in favor of using the EAPs).  Wifi coverage around the house is excellent.  The Wifi network is not a "guest" network and so devices are allowed to talk to each other.  To be clear, the iPad I use to monitor the cameras is on the same Wifi network.

One C200 is hardware version 1.0 (firmware 1.1.11) the other is hardware version 2.0 (firmware 1.1.14), both frequently experience connection issues.

Options
2021-10-29 08:31:17 - last edited 2022-03-03 07:18:44

@jrez Hello, 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. 

1. For '  I need to "refresh" the feeds every 2-10 minutes, nd sometimes that does not work and I need to quit/restart the app' May i know the message on APP?

Please check my private message and help collect the log, thank you 

2. For  "you have been watching this live stream for 2 minutes, do you wish to continue viewing?" , this message could show up if you watch camera remotely as discussed thread below:  https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/182712

If your iPad connects to home Wi-Fi but got this message,  please  enable ' local network' permission for Tapo APP as suggested in the above thread.

For ' IOS app logs you out' do you mean app crashes, do you have a chance screen recording on the phone.   May I know what are the mobile devices met the the issue you mentioned , what is the model and its Andirod or IOS version? Thank you

Options
2022-01-12 16:03:20

Have problems with all 6 cameras. They go offline all the time. Often I can't connect to the camera even if it's online.Some more often than others!

Tried to move them to different location/swap places etc. All go offline all the time. 
My homesetup, Unifi Dreammachine Pro 3xUnifi switches 4xUnifi APs around the house and garage

Options
Related Articles