Archer MR200 V4 without internet connection (DCHP problem)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 06:45:06 - last edited 2020-09-08 03:06:15
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v7004.0 Build 190814 Rel.40071n

Hello,

as many users reported previously I have a lot of disconnections with 4G router. Although the router is connected to the internet (Internet Status: Connected on the status page) with good signal (2 led bars, RSRQ: -7dB, RSRP: -96dBm, SNR: 13.2dB, Signal Strength:75%) the clients loose internet connection every few minutesa lthoguh they have stable WiFi connection to the router. The network Carrier is Cosmote, Greece. I get the DCHP message that other users have reported previously (Recv no OFFER, DHCP Service unavailable).

Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v7004.0 Build 190814 Rel.40071n

Hardware Version: Archer MR200 v4 00000002

This is the second device that I have the problem. When I bought the router and I had this problem I have contacted TP-LINK customer support in Greece nad they suggested to replace the router from the store that I have bought it. I did that yesterday and the second device has the same problem!

When I contacted TP-LINK customer support I insisted that this is the firmware problem but they insisted that I should replace it because it was a random problem. They told me that I can't upgrade the firmware of the router with one from the support page (https://www.tp-link.com/gr/support/download/archer-mr200/v4/) because the firmware is controlled by the carrier. I have tried that without success.

Please provide a solution since I can't exchange the router again! Is there a firmware that I can use with this router that will solve this problem? I saw a beta firmware being mentioned for various models that was a solution for other users in previous posts.

You can find the relevant log attached.

Regards,

Pavlos

File:
log-4.txtDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR200 V4 without internet connection (DCHP problem)-Solution
2020-09-08 03:04:11 - last edited 2020-09-08 03:06:15

@PavlosK 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

Have you already tried the beta firmware, Is it helpful

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. The screen-shot of the status pages before and after the LTE connection was lost;
  2. Have you tried a different Sim card to see if the issue still existed?
  3. Could you please help me check the IP address when the internet was disconnected and please also try to ping the default gateway to check the internet connection:

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 V4 without internet connection (DCHP problem)-Solution
2020-09-08 03:04:11 - last edited 2020-09-08 03:06:15

@PavlosK 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

Have you already tried the beta firmware, Is it helpful

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. The screen-shot of the status pages before and after the LTE connection was lost;
  2. Have you tried a different Sim card to see if the issue still existed?
  3. Could you please help me check the IP address when the internet was disconnected and please also try to ping the default gateway to check the internet connection:

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer MR200 V4 without internet connection (DCHP problem)
2020-09-09 12:23:46

@Sunshine The screen-shot of the status pages. The LTE connection is NOT lost (neither WiFi connectivity of the clients) but the clients do not have access to Internet because DHCP server of the router is failing.

I can not try another SIM card since I do not have one available. The SIM card within the router works fine in another smartphone. It is the second TP-LINK router /SIM card bundle fomr the operator (Cosmote) within 2 momnths.

When I try to upgradeI get the following message because the firmware is locked by the operator.

Options
Re:Archer MR200 V4 without internet connection (DCHP problem)
2021-02-20 18:21:03

@PavlosK Hi - Not too sure if this is the same issue... But I had similar symptoms with my router and I followed the fix that came from this thread - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/176312?page=12 - "Enabling IGMP Snooping in the Advanced tab under Network/LAN Settings seems to have solved the issue". I have done this and it does seem to have stopped the constant dropping of connection.

Another "fix" that was suggested was to Turn off the "smart connect" (I haven't done this and mined is behaving so maybe try the above first).

I hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1442

Replies: 3