Not all dhcp clients can be assigned a fixed ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-09 18:34:08
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20200324 rel 51287

Hi, I would like to file a bug report:

Symptom: A specific dhcp-client doesn't show up in Deco's mobile app when I want to assign a fixed IP-address under 'address reservations'.

- Deco M9 Plus (hardware ver 1.1)

- Deco android app (v 2.1.2)

- Deco is setup as router

- LAN IP: 192.168.0.1

- Deco is setup as DHCP-server for the range 192.168.0.100-250

- Client device is a Philips Hue bridge which gets assigned 192.168.0.104 and is accessible over the network.

- I've confirmed that the bridge is correctly set as a DHCP-client; when I change Deco's LAN ip to 192.168.1.1, the bridge gets 192.168.1.104

Could someone confirm this as a bug?

If there's more information I can provide to help, let me know.

regards,

Rick

Options
3 Reply
Re:Not all dhcp clients can be assigned a fixed ip address
2020-09-10 03:09:20

@Rickvh 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

May I know which Deco does the Philips Hue bridge connect to, the main Deco or the satellite ones? How far is the Philips Hue bridge from the main Deco? If possible, it is suggested to turn off the satellite Deco and ensure the Philips Hue bridge is connected to the main Deco to give it a go, then check if it will show up on the online devices list. If yes, turn on the other Decos and check again.

May this help.

Options
2020-09-11 18:37:54

@TP-Link_Deco  Hi,

Thx for replying. The Hue bridge is connected by an ethernet cable to the second port of the main Deco. I've got two satellites and also tried to connect the Hue bridge to one of them, but the bridge still doesn't show up as an online or offline device under the overview of devices. (and I'm still unable to assign a fixed IP-address).

Could it be that the Hue bridge is detected as a smart device for home automation and it is therefore being filtered out of the 'normal' network devices?

regards,

Rick

Options
2020-09-15 07:18:52

@Rickvh 

Hi Rick, sorry to respond late.

Try to access the https://tplinkdeco.net and check if the Hue bridge shows up on the connected devices list.

BTW, how did you add the Hue bridge to the Deco network? If you didn't choose it as a smart device, it will show up as a normal device in the list.

Are there any other smart devices in the Deco network, are they showing up correctly? 

Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 3

Related Articles