TL-WA850RE not working on notebooks, only smartphones

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-12 18:45:21 - last edited 2020-09-14 03:00:24
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hi!

I just bought a new TL-WA850RE and everything went smoothly during setup. It is working perfeclty on both mine and my wife's smartphone. However, our notebooks cannot connect to it! I know, it's weird. They can recognize the extended network, but when we try to connect they just can't. Windows says "Can't connect to the network".

At first I thought it was a problem with my wife's notebook, either Windows or a missing driver, but since it happens on my notebook too, it has to be a problem with the range extender (both notebooks use Windows10 and both can connect to other wifi networks). However, since it is working fine on my smartphone, I can't say the device does not work at all. Maybe it is a configuration issue?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA850RE not working on notebooks, only smartphones-Solution
2020-09-14 02:55:36 - last edited 2020-09-14 03:00:24

@StefanoRM 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we would like to forward your case to our senior engineers for further assistance and please check your email box;

Could you please help me check the system info and driver info on these two laptops?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

What is the model number of your main router?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE not working on notebooks, only smartphones-Solution
2020-09-14 02:55:36 - last edited 2020-09-14 03:00:24

@StefanoRM 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we would like to forward your case to our senior engineers for further assistance and please check your email box;

Could you please help me check the system info and driver info on these two laptops?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

What is the model number of your main router?

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-WA850RE not working on notebooks, only smartphones
2020-09-14 23:27:41
Hi! So, it begun to work properly. I didn't do anything different, just turned it off and on again (like I did several times before) and this time it worked. Don't know why, but whatever problem it had now it seems to be gone. I would ask to close the topic but maybe the problem returns as unexpectedly as it disappeared, so I will wait a couple days to see if it continues to function.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 2