I have a problem with following setup:
1. Raspberry PI + SignalK Web server (fixed IP 192.168.1.99)
2. MR600 4G router (public 4G IP something like 193.NNN.NNN.NNN) + OpenVPN server
3. Windows 10 laptop somewhere in internet
My OpenVPN settings in MR600 router (checked via 192.168.1.1. => VPN server) are:
1. If Windows laptop is connected to 4G router locally (with wire or wireless), I am able to access my server using web browser URL http://192.168.1.99:80 - web server OK
2. If Windows laptop is connected to internet I am able to establish VPN connection with OpenVPN client (OpenVPN client status connected and router shows one VPN connection) - VPN configuration OK?
3. If Windows laptop is connected to internet and VPN is activated, I am NOT able to access my server using web browser URL http://192.168.1.99:80 => timeout
4. If I enable/configure virtual server (port forwarding?) in 4G router, I am able to connect my web server using public IP address 193.NNN.NNN.NNN:80 without VPN at all - Raspberry firewall/config OK.
5. If I totally disable my Windows 10 laptop firewalls (Windows Defender), I am still not able to access service with VPN connection - problem not related to my Windows firewall settings.
I speculate that problem might be related to different subnet between VPN (10.8.NNN.NNN) and "local" network server (192.168.1.99) or something to do with NAT. Sorry, I am not familiar with network technology/terminology.
Any idea/proposals what is wrong?
How to troubleshoot the problem?
How to fix the problem?
Thanl you for your help,