Archer TX3000E not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 09:21:00

Intro :

Hello everybody that reads that,

To make a long story short, I've bought an archer TX3000E a couple months ago. Till yesterday I've never successfully made it to work with my computer.

Until i saw this thread : Archer TX3000E not working if not unplugged from motherbase

I did the same as the forumer explained, I started my pc, unplugged my card, then plugged again and restarted. Surprisingly it did worked and showed in hardware list with no error. We both have Gigabyte Motherboards.

Unfortunately, as he explain whenever I shut my PC down, the card is not recognized unless I do the unplug restart thing again.

The reason I came here is as @Tweakfiend explain in this thread, there might be a conflict with another Wi-Fi driver.

And i would like to use my card more comfortably. 

The things I did :

Updated Bios, updated drivers, reset Windows, tried all the PCIe x1 and x4 on my MoBo, tried to install on safe mode and disable Ethernet.

I've followed this pinned thread : 【Resolved Solution】Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E can’t be detected

The things I've found :

When I look in my config panel I see the adapter being marked as Wi-Fi 2, but there isn't a Wi-Fi 1

* I disabled Ethernet from my MoBo in case it was the problem but It didn't worked.

Here is the netwtw is 10 not 1 as he mentioned 

* 25/09/2020 05:06:28 Installation of peripheral requested 

25/09/2020 05:06:31 Peripheral configured (oem54.inf)

25/09/2020 05:06:36 Peripheral started (Netwtw10)

In the Hardware list it seem there is a lot of WAN x is that normal ?

Setup : 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

Gigabyte AORUS ELITE Bios F52 (Latest)

Corsair Vengeance 2x8G 3000mhz

Radeon RX 580 Series

(Unknown Brand and model) A cut cat on my knees 9Ghz smiley (up to date)

Thanks a lot for your reading and I'll be glad to provide any other information.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer TX3000E not working
2020-10-17 10:37:56

@Kathy_Z 

Hello,

I have same problems with my ax3000. Its not recognized in bios. Only if I use hot plug, its begins working till PC shutdown. Is it some solutions to solve it? 

Mother board Gigabyte Aorus b550m elite

Options
2021-05-08 15:20:09 - last edited 2021-05-08 15:21:52

@LaryGolade

@Kathy_Z 

Same problem here. My motherboard is detecting the card(Archer TX3000E) only after multiple restarts or start/stop sequences (I didn't notice any pattern here).

Interesting enough - once it's detected I can shutdown + start or reboot the system and it's still there, but if I leave the PC switched off for the night the next day the card is gone.
I thought that maybe it has to do with Windows Shutdown vs Hibernate option which is unable to wake up the device after longer period, but I tried with Hibernation(Powercfg /h on/off) with both Enabled and Disabled - the result is the same > card is not being detected.

Tried shutting down Windows using ALT + F4 option - the problem is still there.
Went through all threads related to this problem and tested all solutions - nothing seems to be making things better.
My motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 has the latest BIOS version installed - F13h

Fast boot setting in UEFI/BIOS is disabled.

I have the latest drivers installed for my B550 chipset(tested both AMD and Gigabyte) and the card - 22.40.0.7 (dated 03.03.2021)

Tried with different PCIe ports and the problem still remains. Windows energy saving for the card is disabled.

Setting PCIe port version to fixed value (like GEN1 or GEN2) doesn't change anything.

Disablig CPU C-state didn't help.

I think that recommending system(Win 10) based solutions like driver updates or changing settings for the device makes no sense - the reason is that the device is not even detected by UEFI/BIOS and is reported in the system as not physically present. Only after several reboots or start/stop sequences it's being picked up correctly by UEFI/BIOS and at this point is fully operatinal in the sysystem.

I want to also mention that the card was perfectly functional in my old system(Intel based X58 chipset) so from my observation this is some kind of incompatibility with latest chipsets(problems are reported for both Intel and AMD based systems).

Options
2021-05-19 09:41:28

@Kathy_Z, any chance to get a reply? 

Options
2021-06-10 10:48:51

Is there any solution ? I also facing the same problem here

Options
2021-06-21 08:07:16 - last edited 2021-06-21 08:11:21

@bellapupa   Hello, 

Sorry for the late response and thank you for your detailed information. From your description, it could be the issue related to certain computer/motherboard. 

Intel released a driver in June 2021, you could try the latest driver  ( 22.50.1 for now) and see if that helps with the issue:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/-Wi-Fi-6-AX200

If the issue persists, it is recommended to contact our local support and see they have any further suggestion or if they could help with the RMA: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options
2021-06-21 10:13:17

@Solla-topee 

Hi, I have already tried 22.50.1 driver version and also 22.60(which is the latest) with no positive result.

Different driver versions will not solve this issue as the device is not detected even on UEFI level. Only after multiple system start/stop/restart sequences(I noticed no pattern here) the device is picked up by UEFI and is working fine (no matter the driver version). Of course after system shutdown and few hours the issue is back. This makes the card unusable as I have to spend 15-20 minutes doing system restarts each time I use my PC. I am creating an RMA for this problem, although I must admit that I would prefer to return the product.

Options
2021-06-21 10:53:59 - last edited 2021-06-21 11:00:15

@bellapupa  Hello, 

Thank you for your reply, as users need to follow the local RMA policy you could learn more RMA details with local support. If you refer to return this product,  you may contact retailer and see if they could help with that. Your understanding is much apprenticed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2958

Replies: 9

Related Articles