New password created when WPS router and Adapters TL-WPA8630PKIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-26 19:03:12 - last edited 2020-09-26 19:05:29
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I bought the TL-WPA8630P  Kit to try extend the wifi in my sisters new home to reach a smart tv upstairs.  tTe router she has does not create a password never has. I set up the kit all was going well, i went into the app to turn security off as my sister still doesn't want any password on the wifi. I hit the WPS button to pair the adapters with the router and it seems to work but now there is a password on the connection.  The password that came on the set up card doesn't work even tried admin and nothing. As i don't know the password I can't connect to the wifi to get into the app or the utility to change or turn off the password. Any help would be appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:New password created when WPS router and Adapters TL-WPA8630PKIT
2020-09-27 03:23:27

@sazka 

Good day.

Please refer to the following instruction:

1. Press and hold the reset pinhole for 10s till all the lights turn on then off;
  2. Keep the default SSID and password, and please do not use the WPS button;
  3. Then log into the APP or utility to turn off the security, and if you want to change the Wi-Fi name the same as home router, please also do that on the APP/ Utility, not via WPS;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:New password created when WPS router and Adapters TL-WPA8630PKIT
2020-09-28 08:37:22

@sazka Thanks for the reply. I will try that and comment back

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 2

Related Articles