Adapter does wake and re-establish connection from power-saving mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 03:49:23
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am in the UK, and using the TL-PA4010 Powerline Adapter Kit AV600 Twin Pack.

The connection is fast and reliable when connected. My desktop PC is connected via Ethernet to one of the powerline adapters upstairs, which through the second powerline connects to my downstairs router.

The only issue I have had is when I turn off and come back to my PC later. I turn it on and Windows indicates that I have no internet connection. Looking at the powerline adapter, I see that the LEDs on it indicate it's in power saving mode despite the fact I have turned on my PC. Turning the adapter off and on again at the outlet reconnects it.

It seems that the adapter isn't waking up from power saving mode. I have downloaded the Windows TP Link software and disabled power saving mode, which fixes the problem. 

I hope TP-Link is aware of this issue as I bet most inexperienced users facing this issue probably just return the kit as faulty. 

Is disabling power saving mode really the only way to fix this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adapter does wake and re-establish connection from power-saving mode
2020-10-10 01:57:40

@AaWCPasta 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you completely power off the computer, or leave the computer into sleep/standby mode?

If possible, please try to update the driver and bios of the computer:

https://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your-Computer%27s-BIOS

By the way, may I know the hardware and firmware version of your powerline adapters?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 1