New powerline adaptor with wifi (TL-WPA8630P) not working behind VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 12:23:16
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel.36564

When connected to my Plusnet router (Hub One) everything is fine until I connect to my work's Global Protect VPN client, which won't resolve.  I'm not using Wifi-Auto-Sync because I'd like ot be able to identify where i'm connected to in case I walk round the house and end up connected to the furthest point, so I have created a different named network for the powerline.

In my Plusnet hub's device manger there is no information about the powerline, it only seems to know that something with a 1 GB/s speed is connected to Port 4.

Any ideas what I need to check/change/test?

Options
1 Reply
Re:New powerline adaptor with wifi (TL-WPA8630P) not working behind VPN
2020-11-11 11:18:07

@Mockney81 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Were you trying to say that you could not establish a VPN connection when connected to the Wi-Fi of the TL-WPA8630P kit, but it worked on the main router’s Wi-Fi?

And if you connect two devices, one to the Plusnet router, the other to the TL-WPA8630P, are they able to ping each other?

Would there be any error message when failing to connect the VPN?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1

Related Articles