Deco Mesh system (E4) and Apple HomeKit under iOS 14

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 12:33:11

I bought two double-units Deco E4 mesh systems for my home recently, and set it up in router mode.

Under iOS 13, all connected HomeKit-compatible devices (a camera and three desktop lamps) were functioning with the system and were accessible remotely without problems.

After iOS 14 was released, problems started to emerge. Such as:

-While I was on the ground floor (where 2 of the Deco units were placed), HomeKit could see/control the devices connected to these units but not the devices connecter to the other units on the first floor, and vice versa (while I was on the first floor, I could only see/control devices connected to the Deco units on this floor through HomeKit).

-While I was away from home, although there is a stable Apple TV Hub always connected through LAN to the network, I could not see most of the devices connected (camera, lamps), but only a smart plug device.

I changed the Deco mode to Access Point and things seemed to work again without problems. So I thought it had to do with the new iOS 14 "requirement" for WPA2-AES protocol.

However, when the new Deco firmware was released and I updated my system, not only didn't the situation change in Router mode, but also even if I switch to Access Point mode again, the abovementioned problem persists. Lamps are not visible when my iphone is connected to the other floor's Deco units (and vice versa), and remotely even the camera is not visible when on Router mode.

It should be noted here that all connected devices are visible when their own app is used. The problem exists only with Apple HomeKit (but didn't use to exist under iOS 13).

Is there anything I can do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system (E4) and Apple HomeKit under iOS 14
2020-10-24 16:24:36

the same problem. Anyone help?

Options
Re:Deco Mesh system (E4) and Apple HomeKit under iOS 14
2020-10-24 17:07:07

Same here, I have the same problem.

Since iOS 14 / macOS Big Sur, my devices can't connect to different websites, services or display images/videos, until I connect/re-connect various times to get them to work. It's an annoying situation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2979

Replies: 2