Not satisfied E4 Mesh system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 13:45:20
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190823 Rel. 43466

Hello All,

Since a little while I am the proud owner of a E4 Mesh Deco system with 3 modules.

However I have to nuance the word Proud.  As I am an adept of TP-Link ( I sell TP-Link on my work in quite big numbers) I thought that the residential line of the Deco would be as strong as the Access Points (EAP245, EAP330, EAP320,...) for business.

But I'm so disappointed, the Deco products causes my whole network going down in troughput. As we own quite some smartphones and a minimum of 6 notebooks in our household we are in a good position to test everything.

The Deco's drop down once in a while some devices while an other device can work without a problem. Very strange as it it not always the same device who gets lost.

But worst of all is the wireless speed, this is overall bad if I compare them to my wireless network at the office which I have installed myself. (With an OC200)

As you can read I have quite some experience with the TP-Link products and this is by far the worst product of your entire line.

Is there a money back guarantee on these products so I can buy Access Poits like the EAP245 for home?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not satisfied E4 Mesh system
2020-04-27 09:39:20

@Stefan_A 

Hi,

According to our RMA policy, we are unable to provide a refund service, but if the Deco is broken within the warranty, we can provide a replacement.

In your case, would you please describe your network diagram in detail? How the Deco units connect to each other, via wired or wireless? Is there a switch connected to the Deco?

When the client drops down, is it still connected to the Wi-Fi name but no internet access, which Deco is the client connected to, and how about the LED on this Deco? How about the LED on other Deco units?

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1

Related Articles