TL-MR6400: SIM Card Not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 18:08:16
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 170912 Rel.75663n

Hi,

I purchased a TL-MR6400 router about a year ago. I'm using it as a 4G router. It's been working fine and made me very happy.

Since a week, it has started to repeatedly loose connection. On web UI, in the status page, I'm getting a "SIM Card not found" message.

If I reboot the device without touching it - using web UI - and without touching the SIM card inside, everything goes back to normal for a random period of time.

It might work 5 minutes or 3 hours, but in the end, it will eventually go back to the «SIM Card not found" status.

I don't believe SIM card is to blame, it's only 3-month-old.

What I tried:

- System update

- Factory reset

- Remove SIM card & clean SIM card

- Clean SIM card tray

- Unplug and wait before reboot

All those actions had literally no impact on the frequency of the connection loss.

What can I try to fix this, it is really annoying has I intend to use it for professional  purposes?

Kind Regard,

Thibaut

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400: SIM Card Not found
2021-04-21 01:56:20

@Thibaut.M 

Hi, please have a look at this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/165594?page=1

If still nothing happened, please contact the shop retailer to check for warranty service;

Thank you very much.

Options