Troubleshooting SIM Card not Found?
This Article Applies to:
All 4G LTE Routers
Customers may find that the SIM Card Status displays a 'NO SIM card detected' error (pictures as below) when they inserted the SIM card into the 4G router, follow these steps:
- Make sure the SIM card is firmly inserted per link: How do I install a SIM card for my 4G Wi-Fi router or Mobile Wi-Fi?
Some key points: Please pay close attention to the SIM card as the metal clamp that "secures it" closes and see if the act of closing pushes the SIM Card out of alignment.
For more details, please refer to the information shared by#36 @string
- Restart the router with the SIM card inserted.
- Reset the router by pressing and holding the RESET pinhole for 10s until all LED lights flash off then back on.
- Put the sim card into a smartphone, confirm that it is working well on the phone.
- Try using another SIM card if that is possible.
If none of the above helps to make the SIM card detect correctly, Please comment below with the following information:
- A picture of the bottom label with The model number and hardware version of your 3/4G Gateway:
(Especially you have Archer MR400 V4.2, Archer MR200 v5.2, TL-MR6400 v5.2, and TL-MR100 v1.2, Thank you in advance. )
- The SIM card carrier:
- Would there be any damage to the Micro SIM Card Slot before, such as the SIM card being stuck in and not able to be taken out?
- How long have you had the device, and when did this issue start?
- Was there any firmware upgrade before no sim card was detected?