This Article Applies to:
All 4G LTE Routers
Customers may find that the SIM Card Status displays a 'NO SIM card detected' error (pictures as below) when they inserted the SIM card into the 4G router, follow these steps:
- Make sure the SIM card is firmly inserted. Try to remove it from the SIM card tray then put it back in. If it is a Nano card, please fix it with the attached sticker and cardholder in the package box.
- Restart the router with the SIM card inserted.
- Reset the router by pressing and holding the RESET pinhole for 10s until all LED lights flash off then back on.
- Put the sim card into a smartphone, confirm that it is working well on the phone.
- Try using another SIM card if that is possible.
If none of the above helps to make the SIM card detect correctly, contact the TP-Link tech support by submitting a ticket via email with the subject ‘Forum ID 261882- SIM Card not Found’, or leave a DM to @Kevin_Z. In either case, be sure to provide the following information:
- Troubleshooting steps you have taken:
- The model number and hardware version of your 3/4G Gateway:
- The SIM card carrier:
- Would there be any damage to the Micro SIM Card Slot before, such as the SIM card stuck in and not able to be taken out?
- How long have you had the device, and when did this issue start?
- Was there any firmware upgrade before no sim card was detected?