Troubleshooting SIM Card not Found?
This Article Applies to:
All 4G LTE Routers
Customers may find that the SIM Card Status displays a 'NO SIM card detected' error (pictures as below) when they inserted the SIM card into the 4G router, follow these steps:
- Make sure the SIM card is firmly inserted per link: How do I install a SIM card for my 4G Wi-Fi router or Mobile Wi-Fi?
Some key points: Please pay close attention to the SIM card as the metal clamp that "secures it" closes and see if the act of closing pushes the SIM Card out of alignment.
- Restart the router with the SIM card inserted.
- Reset the router by pressing and holding the RESET pinhole for 10s until all LED lights flash off then back on.
- Put the sim card into a smartphone, confirm that it is working well on the phone.
- Try using another SIM card if that is possible.
If none of the above helps to make the SIM card detect correctly, Please comment below with the following information:
- A picture of the bottom label with The model number and hardware version of your 3/4G Gateway:
(Especially you have Archer MR400 V4.2, Archer MR200 v5.2, TL-MR6400 v5.2, and TL-MR100 v1.2, Thank you in advance. )
- The SIM card carrier:
- Would there be any damage to the Micro SIM Card Slot before, such as the SIM card being stuck in and not able to be taken out?
- How long have you had the device, and when did this issue start?
- Was there any firmware upgrade before no sim card was detected?