Can't connect to 5GHz netwerk from extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 19:55:18
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello 

I connected my extender to the modem in our house. 

I've set up both connections (the 2,4 and the 5). 

The 2,4 GHZ extended network works just fine, but i'm unable to connect my phone or my ps4 to the 5GHz netwerk. When i connect to the modem 5GHz it works. And the app says that the 5GHz is connected to the modem and well in range. Also the blue indicator for 5GHz shines solid. 

My target: being able to connect the ps4 to the 5GHz netwerk for flawless gaming. 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect to 5GHz netwerk from extender
2020-11-10 19:57:55

Bowti wrote

Hello 

I connected my extender to the modem in our house. 

I've set up both connections (the 2,4 and the 5). 

The 2,4 GHZ extended network works just fine, but i'm unable to connect my phone or my ps4 to the 5GHz netwerk. When i connect to the modem 5GHz it works. And the app says that the 5GHz is connected to the modem and well in range. Also the blue indicator for 5GHz shines solid. 

My target: being able to connect the ps4 to the 5GHz netwerk for flawless gaming. 

Thanks a lot in advance!

My phone sometimes gives the notification that the IP adress can't be found. 

Options
2020-11-11 11:43:23

@Bowti 

Good day.

May I know the hardware and firmware version about RE450?

Did the 2.4ghz work well?

May I know the model number of your main router?

Except the phone and ps4, are there any other devices which could connect to the 5ghz?

Have you tried to reset the RE450 and set up again to see if the issue continues?

Thank you very much?

Options
2021-02-01 20:01:41 - last edited 2021-02-01 20:50:30

@Bowti @Solla-topee @TP-Link 

Hello, I hit the button 'network optimalisation and now my smart thermostat (Thermosmart) can't find the wifi anymore. It needs a 2,4ghz band, and WPA(2) key. What can I do please? 

thanks,

Robster1979

It used to work with the network both on 2,4 and 5 ghz. However Thermosmart says, you have to pick one with only 2,4 ghz. So I switched the 5 ghz off, from my guest network (with different name). But that also did not help. 

Options