Extender will not connect to 5GHz.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 07:13:04
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Recently we blew a fuse which our router was connected to and for obvious reasons it disconnected from our extender. When we switched everything back on the extender will not connect to the 5GHz network, only the 2.4GHz. I have tried everything to connect, resetting the extender, resetting the router, going to factory settings on the extender.... nothing seems to work.

Any insights on how to fix the problem? 

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extender will not connect to 5GHz.
2021-01-21 05:57:11

@Thump 

Hi,

May I know the model number of your home router?

During the setup of the 5ghz, are you still able to detect the 5ghz signal but fail to get connected, or the 5ghz signal is not even detected?

If possible, please try to change the wireless channel on the main router to be channel 40 or 48 for the 5ghz to have a look;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Extender will not connect to 5GHz.
2021-01-21 06:04:51

@TP-Link 

Hi,

It router is a Shaw Blue Curve Gateway, I believe the model number is TG3482ER3. 

During the initial setup it shows the 5ghz signal, however when it says everything is setup it says that the connection is lost. 

I will try to change the channel. 

Thanks

Options