TP-Link Archer 400 Modem Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-11 11:11:57
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I provide hosted telephony and my preferred router WAS the VR400.  My broadband supplier requires me to provide a VLAN of 101 for connectivity.  When installing the routers things connect and the router works perfectly.  The problem comes in that every now and then the router will lose its VLAN ID and disconnect.  When the VLAN is entered again the router connects and works well until it loses the connection again. The time periods are completely random.  I have now had a situation with a router that lost its VLAN ID and whatever I do it simply keeps dropping the connection and not connecting at all.

I do like the routers in general but cant continue supporting 50 routers with this problem and its driving me up the wall.  Has anyone had this situation in the past and managed to find a confirmed solution?  

All firmware it up to date etc. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer 400 Modem Router
2021-01-27 10:05:01

@UTS 

Hello, apologies for the super late reply, I hope you have figured this out already.

Does it mean the VLAN ID 101 setting you entered on the VR400 will be deleted automatically after some time? What is the ID restored to? Sorry we haven't heard of this issue before, we hope others have some experience on this.

BTW, who is the broadband supplier? Can I have some screenshot about the VLAN 101 setting on the VR400 when it is working?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles