Deco P9 - Slave ethernet connections not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 09:56:54
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I have a Deco P9 system set up in with three P9's being used in conjunction with a Virgin Hub router.  The hub is setup in modem mode and the Deco system is being used as the main wifi system.

Everything appears to be pretty stable using wifi but my work laptop has a Lenovo thunderbolt docking station and I figure it would be better if I connect to this using an ethernet cable running from one of the slave P9's.

Whenever I connect the ethernet cable to the dock it doesn't register the connection at all.  I've tried rotating the P9's and it doesn't change anything.

Can someone please advise if I'm doing something incorrectly?

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Slave ethernet connections not working
2020-11-18 12:34:28

@AdamMac 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried to turn off the wireless connection on the Lenovo thunderbolt docking station

Have you tried to switch the cables, or change to the different slave Deco to see if the Ethernet connection could be detected on the Lenovo thunderbolt docking station?

And if possible, could you please use a laptop to test the connection as well?

One more notice, did you need to set up a static IP address first on the station to make it work?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco P9 - Slave ethernet connections not working
2020-11-23 14:25:15

@TP-Link_Deco Hi there.  I've tried all the steps you've mentioned below and it just doesn't recognise it.  The only thing I can't do is test with a laptop directly as mine doesn't have an ethernet port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 905

Replies: 2

Related Articles