Wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi speed
Wifi speed
2020-11-13 16:34:02 - last edited 2020-11-13 16:43:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello. I am using Starhub ISP. Plan is 1gb fibre optics. Modem nucleus. I have the main mesh in the living room connected to the modem. One slave mesh is in a room close by, connected to it is a laptop via ethernet cable. The other slave mesh is in my room further down by about 2 metres. Mesh's are wirelessly connected to main mesh and connected to by pc via ethernet cable. 

The thing is, my friend had this exact setup. Only difference is the ISP and modem. He is getting 400+ gb download and his upload speed is 350+ minimimum. (Note: his house and the connections are further away than mine. 

I on the other hand, i only get  100s and low 200s for my download and get below 100s and low 100s for my upload speed. Same for the other device which is connected nearer to the main mesh via ethernet. (note: there are 5 other devices connected via wifi, but even late at night when there is only 3 devices connected in total, the speed is still way less than i was expecting.)

Question is why is there this large difference? i Feel like I am not getting what I paid for. Please help me trouble shoot this issue. Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 0

Related Articles