VR2800 log problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR2800 log problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR2800 log problem
VR2800 log problem
2020-11-14 12:21:13 - last edited 2020-11-16 01:01:00
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have been having lots of issues with broadband dropping out (BT Fibre1: FTTC). I originally had a BT Homehub5 but on advice have recently replaced it with a VR2800.

Due to the lockdown & virus issues of late, my wife has been working a lot at home using zoom. My daughter similarly uses MS teams.  This has now led to broadband dropouts again. All devices seem to loose connection, both wifi and cabled.

I currently have the router connected directly to the master socket test connector (ie directly to the BT cabling). Errors still persist.

I have noted that when we loose connection and I look at the VR2800, the 'basic' tab indicated no internet, yet the 'Advanced' tab indicates there is still a connection.

I have also noted that there are no messages in the system log relating to the dropout

I'm puzzled why there are no log entries & the differences between basic and advanced tab indicators?

I have also noted that traffic logging does not seem correct. When turned on, the DSL connection data seems fine, but the wifi has tx/rx values reversed?

I think my best bet to resolve the dropouts at the moment is to go back to the BT router and contact BT. I think DSL is ok, but PPP packets are failing...

The lack of log data on the VR2800 does not help.

Anyone got any helpful comments or advice?

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR2800 log problem
2020-11-24 09:39:25

@pp1 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

Please help us get the following information for further assistance:

1. Please ensure you are running the latest firmware on the VR2800, may I know how long have you had the device and when did the issue start?

2. When the internet dropped on the VR2800, would the internet or DSL light turn off or blinking?

3. Would there be any error message on the status page, such as please configure the DNS manually? What is the upstream and downstream bandwidth provided by BT Fibre1: FTTC?

4. If you are on the DSL service, please also help me check the downstream and upstream values under the advanced>status>DSL status, kindly show me the screenshot.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 1

Related Articles