Slow internet speed on whole M4 system, ethernet and WiFi. Modem gets 1 Gpbs vs 250 Mbps with Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow internet speed on whole M4 system, ethernet and WiFi. Modem gets 1 Gpbs vs 250 Mbps with Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 16:10:47
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hey there,

I noticed recently slow internet speeds, and I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the Deco M4. I have a 1 Gbps connection from my ISP, but average speed with SpeedTest.net is around 250 Mbps. I tested via WiFi on my phone and hardwired to my PC (Modem -> Main Deco -> PC).

Modem speedtest is around 900 Mbps and it is also the speed I get when I connect my PC directly to my modem.

The problem seems somewhat recent as I didn't have this problem in the past. I'm also running a pihole as my DNS server, and still have this problem if I switch to Google or CloudFlare DNS.

I rebooted the main Deco as well as unplugged it with no change.

Thanks for your help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow internet speed on whole M4 system, ethernet and WiFi. Modem gets 1 Gpbs vs 250 Mbps with Deco
2020-11-16 06:49:08

@hymness1 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did you enable the Qos or parental control on the M4?

And Could you please help me confirm the following details:

1. When the smartphone and Ethernet computer are connected to the main deco directly, the speed test is still around 250m/s were the other two satellite Decos powered off?
  2. How long have you had the Deco and was there any change recently?
  3. What is the speedtest result on the Deco APP?
  4. Have you tried to change another Deco as the main unit to see if the speed could be improved?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 1