Seagate Personal Cloud + Deco M9 Plus - direct CAT5 connection not working *SOLVED*

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Seagate Personal Cloud + Deco M9 Plus - direct CAT5 connection not working *SOLVED*

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 09:14:45 - last edited 2020-11-25 11:54:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: v2.3.13

I am using the Deco M9 directly as router for Unifi.

I connected the Seagate Personal Cloud network cable directly to the main Deco's 2nd network port, but I am unable to view the Personal Cloud in either home network or from internet. Pls advise to a setting that i am missing. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Seagate Personal Cloud + Deco M9 Plus - direct CAT5 connection not working **SOLVED**-Solution
2020-11-24 14:56:02 - last edited 2020-11-25 11:54:14

***SOLVED***

Apparently, I cannot connect the Personal Cloud to the "main" Deco router....if I move my personal cloud and connect it to the other 2 deco access points - then voila....the personal cloud is connected, available on network and accessible via internet.

go figure.....

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Seagate Personal Cloud + Deco M9 Plus - direct CAT5 connection not working **SOLVED**-Solution
2020-11-24 14:56:02 - last edited 2020-11-25 11:54:14

***SOLVED***

Apparently, I cannot connect the Personal Cloud to the "main" Deco router....if I move my personal cloud and connect it to the other 2 deco access points - then voila....the personal cloud is connected, available on network and accessible via internet.

go figure.....

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Seagate Personal Cloud + Deco M9 Plus - direct CAT5 connection not working **SOLVED**
2020-11-25 11:56:20

@Kingrat 

Excellent!yesyesyes

Just one more notice:

Normally the second Ethernet port on the main Deco is for IPTV service only.

If you want to connect other network devices to it, please make sure the IPTV is disabled.

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 2