Extremely slow download speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 15:38:49 - last edited 2020-12-05 15:39:55
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Most Current Version

Hi All,

So for a while i was on BT internet which had a maximum of 70 Mbps coming to my house, and when using the Av1000s (TL-PA7017) i was getting speeds of 55-60mbps which i was extremely happy with. As of recently, i upgraded to the BT Smart Hub 2, with a maximum of 900mbps coming to my house. When my PC is connected directly to the router, i get 850-900 Mbps speed, but when using the AV1000s, i only get 30-40 Mbps. (Update: This has gone down to 20-30 Mbps now) 

I spoke to a member of staff of TP-Link but they told me there was no solution which i find hard to believe. I don't understand how faster internet can give me such slow speeds.

Nothing has changed btw, only fiber optic cable to give the 900mbps sped and router has changed, the power line adapters are being used at the same distance and same plug socket as before. so surely i should at least be getting 55-60mpbs like i was before the upgrade.

Anyone else have this issue and a possible fix, i would love to know, much appreciated.

Stuck :) 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extremely slow download speeds
2020-12-18 05:35:04

@Stuck-in-chair 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue about the slow speed?

If yes, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

And at the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. please do a hardware reset on the TL-PA7017KIT and pair it again;

2. then please download the powerline utility to check the powerline rate:

tpPLC_Utility_Windows

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201127/tpPLC%20Utility.zip

--please save a picture of the powerline rate on the utility;

3. then please run a speed test on the laptop and provide us a picture  of the testing result.

--please also check the link speed on the computer as well: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1058

Replies: 1

Related Articles