Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

302 Reply
Re:Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers
2021-01-13 10:06:35

@BIBITH-DATHAN 

Sorry, MR200 v2 is an older version, we don't have beta firmware to manually select the band. 

Just to confirm, do you encounter an issue with the router? Please provide more details, then we can try to check if we can fix it.

Options
2021-01-13 10:19:26

@Kevin_Z 

Which CA band combinations are supported by the MR600 V1?

Options
2021-01-13 10:22:08

@john.awad 

Hi, you may check the specifications on the website here:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/3g-4g-router/archer-mr600/v1/#specifications

Options
2021-01-13 10:31:20
Perfect, thanks! For some reason the CA specs aren't shown in all country-specific websites
Options
2021-01-13 11:05:54

@john.awad 

Thanks for the feedback, we will soon check and update the local resources.

Good day.

Options
2021-01-13 11:53:32

@Kevin_Z  Hello. I am using Airtel 4G SIM. As soon as I enable Data, Modem start restarting and then even I can't access Web UI. Then I have to remove SIM and power-up modem. I have try changing SIM and it seems only issue with Airtel. So i believe its due to band selection. But other provider does not have network coverage in my area.

Options
2021-01-14 02:33:11

@BIBITH-DATHAN 

“I have try changing SIM and it seems only issue with Airtel.” does this mean when using a SIM card from other provider, there is no issue? What if you put this Airtel 4G SIM into another 4G modem, will it work properly?

Just to confirm, how did you find the modem is restarting when you tried to enable data? Any specific phenomenon?

Options
2021-01-14 16:23:18

@Kevin_Z 

“I have try changing SIM and it seems only issue with Airtel.” does this mean when using a SIM card from other provider, there is no issue? What if you put this Airtel 4G SIM into another 4G modem, will it work properly?

<Bibith> Yes, when I use SIM card from other vendor it works. I try airtel sim because other vendor 4G signal strenght is lessthan 25%, but airtel has 75% singal strength. The same airtel sim is working perfectly in my mobile.

Just to confirm, how did you find the modem is restarting when you tried to enable data? Any specific phenomenon?

<Bibith>

1) When I enable date connection with in seconds modem start restarting its internet connection and Wifi. I can see 4G symbol ligit and Wifi symbol light going off and coming back. Modem is UP but you can't access UI or wifi. Then you have either remove SIM and restart modem to get back Wifi access.

2) During this time I tried ping command from desktop which connected to LAN  port modem and I see packet drops when those lights go off (4G symbol ligit and Wifi symbol).

Options
2021-01-15 02:59:54

@BIBITH-DATHAN 

Thanks for getting back. What if you unplug the Airtel SIM card from the MR200, login to its web interface to disable the mobile data, then insert the SIM card back into the MR200, will this cause the auto reboot? Then try to enable the mobile date again to confirm.

When the modem restarts, how about the power LED, is it also flashing off then on?

When did you purchase this MR200, was it working fine before?

Try with another Airtel SIM card if possible, confirm if there is still an issue.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-15 06:24:29

@Kevin_Z 

What if you unplug the Airtel SIM card from the MR200, login to its web interface to disable the mobile data, then insert the SIM card back into the MR200, will this cause the auto reboot? Then try to enable the mobile date again to confirm.

<Bibith>

1) when SIM is on mobile data enabled mode, MR200 keep on restarting (I mean wifi and 4G lights go off and come back). in this time Web UI is non responsive

2) When I forcefull remove SIM and restart MR200, it will come-up and if I insert SIM and then keep Mobile data disabled. MR200 will work  as a simple wifi switch for me.

3. The moment I enable data, MR200 keep on restarting (I mean wifi and 4G lights go off and come back)

When the modem restarts, how about the power LED, is it also flashing off then on?

<Bibith> is not full restart that happening. Wifi and Mobile data is restarting. Only wifi and 4G lights go off and come back

When did you purchase this MR200, was it working fine before?

<Bibith> Yes it was working with Vodafone SIM. I shifted to my new home and I don't have Vodafone coverage that area. So I tried this Airtel Service provider

Try with another Airtel SIM card if possible, confirm if there is still an issue.

<Bibith> I tried 3 SIMs from Airtel. All having same problem.

Options
Related Articles