TP-Link re450 doesn't get IP.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 18:12:36
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 190124

Hi,

I just bought a new TP-Link RE450 extender for my home.

I have an Asus RT-AC86U router, with no limitations working fine, but I wanted to improve WiFi signal at other side.

I switch on RE450, connect using WiFi or Ethernet (I just tried both), and using configuration wizard I detect both WiFi and configure to extend them.

After configuration I can connect to extender, but I can't get internet connection. I checked configuration and tried several things:

• Set a static IP, out of DCHP range of Asus Router, same subnet and Asus router IP as gateway. Result: not connection to internet.
  • Set a static IP and turn off DCHP server of Extender (so Asus would give IPs to devices connected to extender. Result: not connection to internet.
  • Set dynamic IP with DCHP server of Exterder. Result: not connection to internet.

And I also noticed that after a few minutes, extender doesn't respond anymore and I have to restart it. Asus router never stop working, so problem seems to be related to Tp-link extender.

I also tried to update to last firmware (for V3 hardware) and reset configuration to default.

I'm really dissapointed about extender, any idea about why is not working fine?

If I don't get a solution, I'll have to get a refund.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link re450 doesn't get IP.
2020-12-14 10:00:30

@manuelcr 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue?

If yes, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following details:

1. After the setup, would the 2.4ghz and 5ghz lit up?

2. Both 2.4ghz and 5ghz have no internet service after setup?

3. Are there any access control or mac filtering settings on the Asus RT-AC86U router?

4.Please double check the wireless password to make sure there is no typo at all;

If possible, please try to save the system log on the RE450  for us;

(please make sure the log is saved without rebooting or resetting.)

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:TP-Link re450 doesn't get IP.
2020-12-20 14:56:49

@TP-Link 

Hi,

No, after 20 minutes it started to work, but for last week it has been a mess.

I give answers:

1. Yes, both lights are in green.
  2. Yes, both fail giving internet access.
  3. No, I've checked several times Asus router and it works fine.
  4. Password was checked and it was correct.

After it started to work I thought that everything would be fine, but... NO

When it wants, it fails. You are browsing and suddenly you have not connection to internet. I check WiFi and I'm still connected, but I don't reach internet.

I tried to disconnect and connect again, but if I do it I get a message of 'not internet access'.

So I try to switch off and on again, sometimes it works, but other times it is good for nothing.

It can happens after being not using it, because we are sleeping, or it can happens 5 times per hour.

Did I try to do a factory reset? YES, I'm tired of doing it and it doesn't solve ANYTHING.

Did I test my router, YES, and I see that it's working fine, so the problem is with your device.

Did I searched in this forum, YES, and nothing works.

So I've called Amazon to get a refund of my money and I'll search for another brand that can give me something reliable and functional.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 2

Related Articles