Bluetooth audio cut when connected to Wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 13:25:29 - last edited 2020-12-18 14:12:16
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: RE200(EU)_V4_200922

Hello guys!
I am having a problem with my range extender which is when im connected to the 2.4GHz or 5Ghz my bluetooth earbuds (xiaomi buds and airpods pro) have frequent audio cut, like the audio stops from 1 up to 3 seconds.

I also noticed the audio being cut down when im joining the network.

My home wi-fi only has 2.4Ghz but the RE200 has 2.4 and 5Ghz, the problems occurs on both bands.

I use an Ethernet cable to feed the extender instead of grabing the host router Wi-fi.

I really need your help!!!

Thanks!

EDIT: I´m using a Macbook Air M1 laptop.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Bluetooth audio cut when connected to Wi-fi
2020-12-21 06:16:15

@n0cturnal 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

For your case, could you please help me check the following information before we forward your case to the senior engineers:

1. Would the RE200 affect all the mobile devices with their Bluetooth connection, or just Macbook Air M1 laptop?

2. When the Bluetooth radio cut down, would the connection recover later?

3.If the Wi-Fi was connected first, are you able to connect to the Bluetooth radio?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-26 02:10:55

@TP-Link 

Hello there!

I had a Macbook Air i3 2020 before and this issue didn´t occur with that model, it started with my M1 and it´s the only device affected by this.

The audio stops between 1s and max of 3 seconds.

I am able to connect the bluetooth while on Wi-fi but what I found was the audio being cut when the M1 is connecting to the Wi-fi while on bluetooth radio.

THanks

Options
2020-12-28 06:13:48

@n0cturnal 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

For your case, we would like to follow up on your case by email, and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot and Happy New Year.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 3

Related Articles