Archer TX50E - Bluetooth problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 18:50:21 - last edited 2021-07-08 19:36:21
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Problem 1:
Bluetooth devices such as headphones, gamepad, mouse - keep randomly disconnecting. Device losing connection for 1-5 seconds and reconnects again, for example, gamepad is connected and working, but headphones lost signal, or otherwise, but never lost connection together. After waking up, Bluetooth Services appear to be running.

Hibernation disabled.

Fast boot in BIOS is disabled.
Devices fully charged.
Distance to PC doesn’t matter, same things happening in close distance and far.

Problem 2:
After waking up PC from sleep mode, Bluetooth icon in task bar disappears, and it's not possible to connect any BT device to PC. Restarting PC brings BT alive, instead of restart, I'm opening device manager, and see under Bluetooth only one Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) and if it's have yellow explanation point, then I can see "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Event viewer tells me "Event 17, BTHUSB The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded." After disabling device and enabling, all works just fine and under Bluetooth section in Device Manager appears all of the connected devices. Second scenario: after wake up, BT device w/o yellow explanation mark, and system requires restarting, after disabling device, which helps too.
This problem occurs every time after I put PC into sleep mode. 

These problems since day one of purchase.
WIFI works great and stable, no issues at all.

Haven't tried on another PC.

No luck:
Tried to uninstall and install drivers, also tried to reinstall v21 drivers from TP-Link
Tried different USB 9pin slot on MB

Same results in PCIEx1 and PCIEx4

Windows Troubleshooter

chkdsk /f /r /x -no errors found
sfc /scannow -did not find any integrity violations.
dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth -no problems

Hello, kindly refer to the below instructions to check the connection again:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2698/

You can also refer to the below article to try some more troubleshooting:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/215446

System parameters:

All USB controllers in Device Manager's Power Management unchecked with "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Latest drivers installed 22.10.0.2
Power Plan - Ultimate Performance.
Wireless Adapter Settings - Power Saving Mode - Maximum Performance
USB settings - USB selective suspend setting - Setting: Disabled
PCI Express - Link State Power Management - Setting: Off
MB: Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro (latest BIOS)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer TX50E - Bluetooth problems-Solution
2021-07-08 19:30:04 - last edited 2021-07-08 19:36:21

@Alexey_T @Solla-topee  I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

I wasn't the MoBo or the USB-F connectors or any out of date software.

It was the little tiny connector or the TX50E that caused the issue. Althougt it looks in the picture that you can only connect the adapter in one way possible. Appartantly, you can connect the adapter upside down. And thats when it causes problems al around. 

After i Switched it around, it started to setup Bluetoorh and now it works fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Archer TX50E - Bluetooth problems
2020-12-30 09:35:32

@Alexey_T 

Thank you very much for your detailed info. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-01-09 10:30:51

@Kevin_Z I've installed AX210 into M.2 PCIe onboard slot, and there's no such problems, such as with TP-Link

Options
2021-01-13 03:19:20

@Alexey_T 

Thanks for the updates, please follow this up with the engineers directly, they will help you out.

Options
2021-06-20 09:27:25

Hi @Alexey_T 

Did the engineers  come with a solution? I'm having a similar problem and can't figure it out. 

I hope you where helpen!

Options
2021-06-21 07:03:36 - last edited 2021-06-21 07:12:04

@Marnix Hello, 

Here is the latest chipset Bluetooth driver ( 22.50.0 for now) for TX50E, please give it a try see if that helps with the issue: 
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/189347/-Wi-Fi-6-AX200

Please also upgrade Bios on your computer and  also try a computer with a different motherboard and check if it could work stable. 

When issue occurs, please check if Bluetooth adapter is still available in Device Manager -> Bluetooth adapter , double click on tp-link adapter to check its status ?   

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/284/

May I know the OS and motherboard info of your computer? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Options
2021-06-28 23:33:52

@Solla-topee  Hi There,

I've tried al the latest drivers and updated my Bios but i cant't find the bluetooth adapter in my device manager. The Wifi is showing but no Bluetooth.  

I'm using Windows 10 Pro (21h1) on an Asus Z170M-Plus motherboard. I've attatched the bluetooth cable to the USB connector (nr. 11 in the picture below).

i've tried both USB conectors but without any result. Is this the right connector?  

When I attatch the USB connectort to my USB ports on the front of my PC they work just fine.

Normally is see nothing happening when i connect the bluetooth cable to the USB connector. But the last time i tried it i received an error saying "Power Surge on USB Port". And then it shut down... 

Any help would be appreciated.     

Options
2021-06-29 06:52:51

@Marnix I just bought new WiFi adapter...

Options
2021-07-01 13:24:10

@Solla-topee the bluetooth is still randomly disconnetting and the bluetooth card isn't visible in device manager.

Options
2021-07-07 01:40:52 - last edited 2021-07-07 01:49:27

@Marnix  Hello, 

Sorry for the delay, from the photo of motherboard, n* 11 should be the correct USB ports for Bluetooth adapter. To help exclude the issue, it is recommended to try TX50E adapter on a computer with a different motherboard and see if the Bluetooth part could be recognized.

If the Bluetooth part not be recognized on both computer, it could be a faulty adapter, and it is recommended to check warranty with the retailer. 

If the Bluetooth part work with a different computer, it could be the issue with certain computer, you could contact local support and see if they have better suggestion or solution:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Options
2021-07-07 01:55:49

@LuigiMartorano  Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback.  Please try a different F_USB port on the computer and also make sure the Bios version is up-to-date. 

To help exclude the issue, please test TX50E on computer with a different motherboard and see if the adapter could work stable? 

May I know how often does the adapter disappear from Device manager, how does the adapter work again?  May I know the motherboard information on your computer? 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5933

Replies: 13

Related Articles