AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender version v3 is unable to do a factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 14:42:04
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Dear support, 

I am unable to do a factory reset on my recently acquired AV600 WiFi Extender. 

For some reason it is stuck in a weird blinking lights loop. I made a video of it for clarification =

https://youtu.be/wSpTZwV_l-E

I tried to do a normal reset as per the user manual (hold reset button for 10 seconds), as well as the 30 30 30 reset =

1. When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp

2. While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 second

3. While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds 

It would be great if someone can help me figure out what is wrong :) thank you a lot in advance!! 

Options
6 Reply
Re:AV600 Powerline WiFi Extender version v3 is unable to do a factory reset
2021-01-18 05:51:06

@ArjenK 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know how long have you had the powerline adapters

Did this issue start since you bought it?

And is there any change recently, like a power outage or firmware upgrade?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-18 05:54:45

@TP-Link 

Thank you for the response. 

I got the adapter recently (second hand), and the seller claimed that the adapters worked perfectly fine just before I got them. 

So when I took them out of the box and tried to install them, nothing happened. No power outage or firmware upgrade. 

Thanks again!! 

Options
2021-05-02 15:29:09

@ArjenK hello i have the same problem.

cannot reset, the wifi and Ethernet leds do not turn on and do not have wifi signal.

however, the laptop connected through ethernet cable has internet and the tpplc app on windows sees the powerline.

please help

thanks

ACF

Options
2021-05-02 15:30:46
hello i have the same problem. cannot reset, the wifi and Ethernet leds do not turn on and do not have wifi signal. however, the laptop connected through ethernet cable has internet and the tpplc app on windows sees the powerline. please help thanks ACF
Options
2021-06-28 17:57:46
How long user has had the powerline is completely irrelevant. Try actually answering the question.
Options
2021-07-02 09:23:00 - last edited 2021-07-02 09:23:34

@pfgpowell1 Hello, 

You could try factory reset for wired and wireless powerline units as the instruction below. 

If all the Leds/ most Leds flash once, that means factory reset was done successfully.

After factory reset , wireless powerline unit will have '  TP-LINK  XXX'  default SSID and the password is the 8 digit default wifi password on the back. 

If powerline unit does not  response to a factory reset, change a different wall socket for it and try factory reset again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1710

Replies: 6