The new version of tpPLC software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 15:09:30

The new tpPLC version,

After installing this new version of the tpPLC software, I verified that there is no longer any possibility of directly accessing the adapters configuration panel, now it is only possible to have access through the app to basic and advanced configurations.
In my opinion, an option was lost that was quite practical, especially for those who have adapters with dynamic IPs, because now to access their configuration we have to be guessing which IP each adapter has.
I would like the Tp-Link support staff to reconsider this change that was very helpful to users.

greetings

Pedro Melo

Options
10 Reply
Re:The new version of tpPLC software
2021-01-18 03:41:17

@PedroTMelo 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

We did not mean to cancel the web interface access via the powerline utility and it might be also caused by the windows flash as well.

If possible, can I have some pictures of the lack of access option on the powerline utility?

And if you do not mind, could you please share with me a picture of the access option via the tpPLC APP?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-18 13:17:42

TP-Link wrote

@PedroTMelo 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

We did not mean to cancel the web interface access via the powerline utility and it might be also caused by the windows flash as well.

If possible, can I have some pictures of the lack of access option on the powerline utility?

And if you do not mind, could you please share with me a picture of the access option via the tpPLC APP?

@TP-Link 

Hi

According to your request, here are two photos in which you can see that the icon for accessing the web interface no longer exists.

greetings

Options
2021-01-19 05:40:18 - last edited 2021-01-19 06:19:18

@PedroTMelo 

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

For the two models marked on the utility, the model numbers are all TP-WPA4220, right

--It seemed that the wireless was missed on the utility, and are you still seeing the wireless light lit up on the actual unit and able to detect the wireless signal?

And if possible, may I know how many power-line adapters do you have and what are the model numbers of each other?

And if the wireless adapter is TL-WPA4220 v4, please also update the following firmware to have a look:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202010/20201030/TL-WPA4220_180308.zip

Options
2021-01-19 13:23:53

TP-Link wrote

@PedroTMelo 

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

For the two models marked on the utility, the model numbers are all TP-WPA4220, right

--It seemed that the wireless was missed on the utility, and are you still seeing the wireless light lit up on the actual unit and able to detect the wireless signal?

And if possible, may I know how many power-line adapters do you have and what are the model numbers of each other?

And if the wireless adapter is TL-WPA4220 v4, please also update the following firmware to have a look:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202010/20201030/TL-WPA4220_180308.zip

@TP-Link 

Hello again

First I start by thanking you for the quick response.

Answering your questions, I inform you that the wireless lights are on and I have a signal next to each powerline, that is, in reality all are working normally.

Regarding the number of powerline adapters, there are 5, two of which are TL-PA4010 (I don't know the Version) and I have three TL-WPA4220 (V1). 

The issuer does not know the version but below I send photos with the firmware information and each device.

As a complementary information, all TL-WPA4220 (V1) adapters have a static IP, I have already accessed the configuration panel of each one and the settings are all correct. Which leads me to think that this must be a bug in your app, or else it stopped working with the adapter models I have on my network, which if so is very bad, for that it is enough for your app to android unfortunately does not work with 4220 V1 adapters.

Below I send photos with all the information of my TP-LINK adapters.

I am now waiting for news from you.

greetings

Pedro Melo

Options
2021-01-20 05:15:29 - last edited 2021-01-20 05:15:57

@PedroTMelo @TP-Link 

I am also have no access to wireless settings on both my TL-WPA4220 and TL-WPA281 Powerline Wi-Fi extenders with the new tpPLC software. The android app tpPLC doesn't detect the extenders either. I used to be able to configure my wireless using the old Flash-based app, which has been deprecated by Microsoft.

Web interface (https://tplinkplclogin.net/) also does not work.

I am now stuck with the default wireless configuration.

Options
2021-01-20 10:35:11 - last edited 2021-01-20 10:35:58

@Gyron , @tplink 

I have the same issue, I cannot use the webinterface nor can I use the tpPLC software any more due to Flash being discontinued.

i was aware of Adobe discontinuing support for Flash, but was not even aware that the tpPLC utility was based on Flash.
On January 12th the product got discontinued and a Microsoft update removed flash components alltogether.

This is the current result when I open the utility.

Due to that I no longer have central control of my TPLINK powerLan adapters. I hope TpLink will build a newer utility, which is not Flash-based, with some urgence.

Options
2021-01-20 14:30:09

@StanM 

I am using a new version of the tpPLC software which does not use Flash. My Powerline devices are discovered with some basic settings, but no wireless configuration.

There is another thread in this forum that discusses this software.

Options
2021-01-20 15:14:20

@StanM 

You must download the new version.

Here.... Download para TL-WPA4220 KIT | TP-Link Portugal (tp-link.com)

Regards

Pedro Melo

Options
2021-01-21 22:17:58

@PedroTMelo 

Hi, @TP-Link 

As you can see above, I have already answered the questions you asked me, but I am still waiting for your answer. It's just that I've tried everything and the tpPLC software still doesn't allow you to enter the web interface, nor does wireless appear.

Thank you for helping me.

Thanks

Options
2021-01-22 01:25:28

@PedroTMelo 

hi,  sorry for the delay and we would like to forward your case to our senior engineers for further assistance.

Please feel free to update the email.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1180

Replies: 10

Related Articles