Smart Bulb being reset by my young Children

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-18 14:26:39
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought a several Smart Bulbs for my home. My young Children flick on the lights switches on & off and constantly reset the lights. Therefore I had to reconnect the light to my network once or twice a day. This drove me craxy and I have now given up and none of them are connected. This is very annoying and if I dont get a fix I will probably sell. The bulb should have a hard reset switch in the bulb but of course my bulbs cannot be changed. Can TP Link Kasa change the software to make more Child proof. For example to reset click light on & off 5 times with 2 second interval or click it 10 times with 1 second interval or other way to prevent the constant reset by Children.

Please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smart Bulb being reset by my young Children
2021-01-25 07:36:17

@EddieM 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We have several similar feedback before and we have reported this issue to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

For further updated news, please keep attention to the local official website.

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Smart Bulb being reset by my young Children
2021-02-02 18:35:53

@TP-Link 

Are you able to provide a solution to prevent resetting the bulb all of the time young Children flicking the light switch.

This could be easily solved with a software update. As at the moment I cannot use any of the bulbs as they are constantly reset everyday.

My young son flicks the light on and off repeatedly and it is much faster than 1 second and it still resets. It should be 1 or 2 second and not below 1 second.

The best way around would be if the bulb is reset then if its not logged in to a network in 10 minutes then it reverts back to its last setting. Therefore if it is reset and not configured again then it back to the same settings and no issue when used after. 

At the moment the lights are not usable and I have wasted a lot of money buying 5 Kasa bulbs. 

Not very SMART bulbs.

Regards

Eddie

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1088

Replies: 2

Related Articles